• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The was worst day of my life

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Our son has been covered in bruises on and off since birth. Over the last month it got to the point where we were finally able to get a doctor to take action. There response was to call child protection services and they almost instantly assumed it was an abuse case. For the last month we had to deal with this crap, all the while knowing how ludicrous it was.
Today the whole situation changed. We spent the entire day at the hospital after seeing a new doctor this morning. This new doctor was horrified at what has happened up to this point and could not believe the path we had been put down. So after a battery of tests they diagnosed my 9 month son with type A Hemophilia.
To say I am devastated is an understatement. I have spent the last 2 hours reading about it and am finally starting to get a grip on the reality of it. So far I am at least a little relieved in reading that the current treatments work well and most people are able to live normal lives (within reason). None the less I just needed to vent, and get this off my chest. Between the anger I feel, the bouts of dread and crying, and a level of confusion I cant explain, I dont know what to even do. I dont know how much I will be around for the foreseeable future, but I will try to stop in from time to time.

Thanks for listening

Lyle

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
Trust me the diagnosis could have been much worse. Our first child died of a rare form of cancer at 15 months. His first symptoms were bruises and what is called petekai that began appearing when he was 10 months old. When I first began reading your post It all came back, and hard. Best of luck to you and your child. I know exactly what you are going thru.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Best of luck Lyle... Hope the little guy gets the treatment he needs.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Best of luck Lyle, hope all goes well and gets better!

scgamecock

Feb 5, 2009
Sorry to hear about that man. I actually no someone with hemophelia, and he lives a pretty normal life. Have you thought about getting an attorney?

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Well......

That certainly puts my personal shit in perspective.
Best wishes for a positive outcome Lyle.

Wayneo

From the bunker
Dec 31, 2008
Take care Lyle. Even do a little praying. Glad to hear they at least have a good diagnosis. That's half the battle won.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
United States United States
Lyle, that is B.S. what you had to go through. Good luck in the treatments. CPS is a giant crook of shyt. I've seen so many people go through hell from these Nazi sobs.

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
Child services. Figures. Where I live they harass those who are trying to find help, and let the abusers go. It's horrible. Good to know someone got the diagnosis right. Now you can do what you need to take care of your son.

Good luck to your family going forward.

Kevin

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Sorry to her that lyle. One of my best buds has hemophilia, takes the blood coagulaters every day, etc. Really easy to live with according to him. I hope you and your family can pull through these times okay. Your friends at shottalk are here if you need to talk.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.