• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The was worst day of my life

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Sorry Lyle, I can't imagine how hard this must be for you and your wife. My thoughts are with you and your family.

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
My family will be praying for yours (I forget where you fall in this camp but I know where I stand therefore prayers will be said).

Knowledge, my man. You've already said that you've started researching and I would encourage you to never stop. I have the utmost respect for people that are doctors but they are still people and thus falable. Knowledge is empowering and gives you the foundation to question and get 2nd opinons wrt treatment options. You and your wife are your son's greatest advocates.

Again, my prayers go out to your family while you tackle this lifelong challenge.

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
Sorry to hear about this Lyle.

My daughter was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes just after her 3rd birthday. Dealing with that the past few years has been hell for me and my wife.

But my daughter is young enough that she doesn't remember life any other way. She doesn't see herself as "different" or a "special needs kid". She just has to do other things for her health that the other kids don't have to do. She understands that and is only 5 years old.

If your son only needs medications and will live a "normal" life with them, rejoice! As pointed out, there is much worse than can happen. He is young enough that he will never remember living any other way.

Everyone has their own comfortable reality. With this diagnosis, you now have a "new reality". Your family is no longer the Cleavers, it is YOUR FAMILY. Embrace it.

You are doing everything right so far. Get information from the internet. Get instruction from experts. Put your family ahead of everything else for the time being.

Soon this "new reality" will just become "your life" and hopefully things will become routine again.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Dang...i wonder why i never saw this?

I'm glad everything will work out for the little guy lyle. Like was said earlier, once he gets older, he will never know any other way of life than taking the pills and will be perfectly fine with it.

Best wishes for the little guy and momma!!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.