• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The winter time blues

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
This weather is killing me. It's depressing really. I don't see how you guys in WI do it, let alone Canada. Is the suicide rate higher in Canada? I joke but golf withdrawals are no laughing matter. So what have you Northerners been doing golf wise? The only thing I've been doing is putting but I'm thinking about taking my 6 year old to a local golf simulator and playing 18 at St. Andrews. Have you guys been swinging clubs or just hoing them?

AZGreg, you can keep your whore mouth shut. ;)

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I put the clubs away in November, didn't touch them for 2.5 months. I picked up my 8iron not long ago and put a new grip on it. I will hold it while watching tv, might putt on the carpet every so often.

I don't mind the break so much any more.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Going flat bonkers!!! Cabin fever... depressed... grumpy....
Been off work a couple months. Going to be teaching a couple of seminars, but won't go back full time until first of April. Plenty of vacation, etc., but just not used to having time on my hands. When I do have some time, it's time to play more golf. With the ridiculous amount of snow we've had, not getting any golf in.
I've replaced a number of light fixtures in the house. Tore out and replaced a medicine cabinet in one of the bathrooms. Wife working full time, so getting my share of dish washing... cooking... laundry. Ugh!!!!
With the warmer weather predicted this week, we could see significant melt off. Hoping to be able to begin thinking about playing in 7 to 10 days. Not looking forward to retirement.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Grocery shopping w/wife this afternoon.
Leaving grocery store, she says " 'xxxx' Street is close. One of the girls at work just bought a house there. Can we run by and see it?"
I reply, "Know right where the street is. Sure."
Driving towards the area, suddenly she tells me I've missed the corner. "You need to turn around. I thought you knew where you were going!"
I proceed on... without saying a single word. Another couple of blocks, I turn onto the CORRECT street. Knew where I was going all along. We proceed to drive by the home that she wanted to see.
Headed back home, I began looking through the console, etc. She asked what I was looking for. I told her I needed a pencil or pen. She digs through her purse and finally finds a pen. Asks me what I need written down. "If you would just make a note that I was right, I'd appreciate it... it so seldom happens!" Wow!!! I just don't know well enough when to shut up. 3 hours later and she's still steaming!!!!!

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Leaving grocery store, she says " 'xxxx' Street is close. One of the girls at work just bought a house there. Can we run by and see it?"
Driving towards the area, suddenly she tells me I've missed the corner. "You need to turn around. I thought you knew where you were going!"
I proceed on... without saying a single word. Another couple of blocks, I turn onto the CORRECT street. Knew where I was going all along. We proceed to drive by the home that she wanted to see.
Headed back home, I began looking through the console, etc. She asked what I was looking for. I told her I needed a pencil or pen. She digs through her purse and finally finds a pen. Asks me what I need written down. "If you would just make a note that I was right, I'd appreciate it... it so seldom happens!" Wow!!! I just don't know well enough when to shut up. 3 hours later and she's still steaming!!!!!
If they didn't have a certain body part we'd throw rocks at them.

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
Spank it.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Thus proving, no matter how old and how long married, men never learn.

Tennessee

Jan 31, 2014
Cleveland, TN
Country
OK, you guys, read it and weep. 57' here today in good ole' Cleveland, TN. Freak snow we had last week is gone. Ground is drying out. My muni stays open year round. Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday temps looking like 62-64-64. Golf is in my sites!
I managed a bucket of balls on the range early last week, and hit balls into my net today for an hour.
Totally prepared for my first round of the 2014 season........BWWHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
(Ok, that was my truth-O-meter going off, sorry about that).
I will play, but my rules on my first round:
1. Play during the week alone, with a basically empty golf course.
2. Unlimited mulligans.
3. Putt two balls on each green, maybe even three, so I can help eliminate the rust.
4. Lift, clean and place every ball when necessary. (Hey, the grass is STILL brown.)
5. Play Sllloooowwww....
6. Hide the scorecard, maybe even burn it when done.

OP
anonymous golfaholic

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
It supposed to be in the low 60's late next week. Rain is coming with the warm front so I'm going to cross my fingers. I'm shooting for next Sunday. (I'll lift, clean & place too.) :)

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Hit the range this afternoon with the new to me RBZ's, sunny and mid 50's. I hit them alright, the shafts are regular and flighted and I'm used to firm non-flighted (project x 5.5). Was getting some pretty weird outcomes. Not sure if it's me and winter rust or the shafts. Pretty sure I'm going to be pulling the shafts and putting in the PX 5.5's.

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
Yeah any nancy club will dance when biff hits it. There is a lot to the flex and torque of a fitting. Its probably more important than length of shaft.

🔥 Latest posts