• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

These have to be genuine, right?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
6 days still left on them. They'll go for over $150 I'm guessing. Look to be in good shape.

R35

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
It looks like there is some "blueing" from pulling the shafts. Not going to affect anything other than aesthetics though (and correctable with blue-away).

I agree that they do look to be great shape. Definitely worth watching.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Disagree on the blueing being okay. Whoever pulled the shafts got them up to at least 500º F. and that's not good. It's called "blue embrittlement". :)

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
Disagree on the blueing being okay. Whoever pulled the shafts got them up to at least 500º F. and that's not good. It's called "blue embrittlement". :)

There you are Doc, if WBL telling you not to buy a set of Pings isn't a sign then I don't know what the hell would be..... :D

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
+1 on that. If I remember right wbl is a metallurgic engineer. That basically means that he knows what happens to the chemical makeup of metals at certain temperatures and how that can affect the metal's resistance to impact or pressure. He would also recognize by sight when such a change has occured in a metal. The root word brittle would desuade me from buying them.

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
Do yourself a favor and just get a set of Acer XP905 Pro (or the regular XP905s if you want offset and a slightly larger clubhead) and be done with it. $60 or so will get a great set of GI clubheads and they'll be brand new. Toss your favorite iron shafts in them and add your favorite grips and you're golden.

I'm tellin' ya, the XP905 heads from Hireko are really good. At the price they sell them they're a steal.

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country

Thanks, wbl.

Even though I was hitting my Hogans well last night, I still have a hankering for some Pings, probably i10s.

I need a raise. :)

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online