• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

They're back.

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
United States United States
They were about 3/4 wedge shots. I shanked a few with a full swing but not as manny. 100% of my 3/4 swings were shanked.
There is only one thing that cures a hosel shot and that is choking up about 4-5 inches. Then you will be fine.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
They were about 3/4 wedge shots. I shanked a few with a full swing but not as manny. 100% of my 3/4 swings were shanked.
I went through a phase where I was shanking 3/4 shots too. It doesn't make sense. I would try to hit a little choked up wedge shot from 110 and I would shank it every time. There has got to be something to that. I never solved that problem, it just went away while hitting balls. I'm sure it will rear its ugly head again when I least expect it. :eek:

OP
Queball915

Queball915

Jan 29, 2014
I went through a phase where I was shanking 3/4 shots too. It doesn't make sense. I would try to hit a little choked up wedge shot from 110 and I would shank it every time. There has got to be something to that. I never solved that problem, it just went away while hitting balls. I'm sure it will rear its ugly head again when I least expect it. :eek:
It's the craziest thing. Even one shank can get you all messed up in the head. I can typically recover from a bad tee shot if the rest of my game is working but if I takes me 2 extra strokes on an approach because I shank it's all over.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Just had this discussion in a private conversation with WBL. Saturday, I had the worst case of shanks I can remember. Wedges, irons, even was hitting some fairway woods on the hosel. One of the worst feeling rounds in years!!!!

I believe most of my issues were the result of a bad back causing a severe over-the-top swing. But... couldn't work it out in 18 holes. If it persists... May just be time for the wife to check me in to the nursing home and I trade golf for checkers!!!!!

With so many on this board experiencing them, the cause may be...
1.) The "northeners" finally seening the last of the snow and their jumping with joy has caused a change in the Earth's rotation.
2.) AZGreg finally "got lucky" and all the pigs flying have moved the jet stream.
3.) Our buddies from South Africa and Australia are about ready to put their clubs away for the winter. They are jealous of we who are no finally able to play and have "juiced" our oatmeal!!
You mean I didn't solve your problem?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Oh, I would never doubt the capacity for perfoming miracles that lies within WBL. Problem is... I haven't had the opportunity to play, since last Saturday. If, for some reason your hints don't work, I will never whisper that fact on this discussion board. Would be dishonorable for me to tarnish your reputation!!!!!!! :D:D

Members online

No members online now.