• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Things that people say on vacation!

MLGOLFNYC

Professional Golfer
Sep 14, 2005
I helped a friend a few years back setup a golf company that provided golf services to cruise ships. I spent three years in the carribean setting up courses, transportation and training golf pros to work on the ship. He reminded me today of some funny stories about things people asked us and I thought you might enjoy them.

1. Q. A passenger asked if the elevators went to the front or the back of the ship. A. These are old elevators they only go up and down.

2. Q. A passenger asked if we lived on the ship or do we commute everyday! A. We all row back to the ship every morning.

3. Q. A passenger asked if the ship had it's own electric. A. No, we have a long extension cord at the back of the ship to the main land.

4. Q. A passenger pointed and asked if these stairs go down? A. From up here yes, from down there no, they go up.

5. Q. A passenger looked at our name tag and asked where is "USA" prononced (yousa) I never heard of the country. A. It's U.S.A., they got confused because they didn't see any dot's after the letters.

6. One of my all time favorites Q. A lady asked, do they put sea water in the pools on the ship. A. Yes, good question. Reply. I thought so, that's why the pool water is so rough today!

7. My all time favorite. A lady came to the main desk when I was talking to my friend to pick up her photo's she had taken from the week. My friend spent some time looking but could not find the photo's anywhere.
They lady started to get mad because she had thought we had lost the photos of her vacation. My friend asked when she had dropped off the film. She said she bought the two disposable cameras on sunday. My friend said again, but when did you drop them off. She look puzzled and said "what do you mean, their disposable. I took the pictures and threw the cameras away." She didn't know she had to return them to get developed. She must have thought they got beemed back to the ship.

And there are so many, many more.

Hope you like!

🔥 Latest posts