• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Thinking about getting a 3 wood

amcquay

Aug 18, 2009
Quick backstory, my bag used to go driver/4 wood/21˚ hybrid/4 iron. The 4 wood (Ping G10) was a hook machine for me so I sold it, and I wound up trading the 21˚ hybrid w/ stiff shaft for a 19˚ w/ regular shaft. I'm much happier with the new hybrid, but now I've got a fairly healthy distance gap between it and my driver.

So, I'm thinking about picking up a 3 wood, and have a few in mind:

Nike Dymo (non-square)
Callaway FT
Ping G15, Rapture
TM R9, Burner

I plan to hit as many of these as possible at a local shop, but also wanted to get some opinions from fellow Talkers. Any comments on these clubs? Anything you'd add to my list of clubs to try?

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
R9 has been the best 3-wood for me personally. I've only ever found a 3 wood for me was good off the deck, or good off the tee, not both. Dunno why.

This one, I can rail anywhere, and I like the ability to set it up. I tend to hook off the tee, and fade off the deck, and I've found a happy medium.

three puttz

Mar 30, 2009
So, I'm thinking about picking up a 3 wood, and have a few in mind:

Nike Dymo (non-square)
Callaway FT
Ping G15, Rapture
TM R9, Burner

Any comments on these clubs? Anything you'd add to my list of clubs to try?

Certainly nothing wrong with that list IMO, but FWIW I would tell you not to completely close your mind to the slightly older but still great gear... Cally Steelhead III is a personal favorite, also the TM V Steel and several Adams offerings as well...

All of those have great reps and can generally be had for a song... in real nice condition to boot.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.