• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Thinking about taking hybrid out of the bag.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
I've got a bid in on a Titleist 906F2 18* with a Pro Force V2 Shaft.

is it an 18.5*? anyway I think these are .5* open, so you should be able to hit a cut a little easier with this. i have a hard time hitting a cut with titleist hybrids but the woods are a different story, they are a lot easier to work both ways...for me anyway.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
My hybrids are gone. I'm bagging my 3 iron and never hit it better. I do have a 5 wood that I use from time to time, as it bridges the gap between my 3 iron (220) and my 3 wood (250).

R35

i've pulled my hybrid and replaced it with my 3i too. irons are just so much more accurate...for me

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
If I could hit my 3-iron Lord knows I'd use it over the hybrid. The only reason it's in my bag is for the delofted punch shots from under the trees. I've perfected that shot, LOL. In any case I just started to hit my hybrids good again after threatening them with isolation in the closet. They responded by doing what they're supposed to do.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
If I could hit my 3-iron Lord knows I'd use it over the hybrid. The only reason it's in my bag is for the delofted punch shots from under the trees. I've perfected that shot, LOL. In any case I just started to hit my hybrids good again after threatening them with isolation in the closet. They responded by doing what they're supposed to do.

Wish I could do that with my clubs...hell, my son doesn't even mind me when I put him in time out.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
I've put mine in time out. Next time out, it was working great. Only used it for 2 holes, but thats about all I use it for..

I don't know what my hang up is with it though. Just feels so weak when I hit it now that it's nothing special. My 3 iron feels better when I pound it, and even if I thin it, it's still going to run.

That, and our rough is so friggin' deep these days, I just haven't a friggin' clue how the hell to get my hybrid on the ball. Atleast with my iron I feel like I can dig in there and pick it out.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
That, and our rough is so friggin' deep these days, I just haven't a friggin' clue how the hell to get my hybrid on the ball. Atleast with my iron I feel like I can dig in there and pick it out.

FATCITY

I was standing right next to Villegas and Bubba Dickerson (now on the Nationwide Tour) and Dickerson had hit his drive in 6" deep rough on the par 5 (Milwaukee USB Open). He grabbed a hybrid and hit it over 250 and on the green. You couldn't even see the ball and I was standing 3 feet away from it.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
My 3 iron is back in the bag as well. There is not a better felling in golf for me than a well struck long iron.

OP
F

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
Went out today and demoed and bought new fairway woods. Got the Titleist 909f3 in 15* and 18*. On the range where I domoed them I hit them very well but could not tell how different the yardages were. Bought them and took them to my home range and it seemed the two were going the same exact distance. One just higher than the other. Hit a full bucket with them.

The range was playing strait down wind......and it was pretty windy.

Took them to the first tee once the tee cleared up and hit a dozen balls off of a tee. Hitting strait into a hard wind nearly all of the balls were within 10 yards of distance. A couple of the 5 woods ballooned. All of the ones I hit low were pretty close in distance.

I'm hoping I didn't just waste a bunch of money. I will have to test when its not windy. They didn't have the 13* strong 3 in stock.....if they had I would have grabbed it.

🔥 Latest posts