• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Third Annual June Wisconsin ShotTalk Outing!

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
One thing I will say about the course is that you can pretty much leave the driver in the car. I didn't realize it the first time I played it, but this last time I realized that unless you are playing from the very back tees you can pretty much leave the driver in the car. Or at least for me.

Yeah, very few holes Im comfortable with the grip it and rip it mentality on this course. Lots off tee balls with the 4 and 5i.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Yeah, but you guys are young flat-bellies!!! Us old guys can barely hit it our of our own shadow. Most of the holes I play are Par 6, Par 7, and Par 8!!!! :D

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
Yeah, but you guys are young flat-bellies!!! Us old guys can barely hit it our of our own shadow. Most of the holes I play are Par 6, Par 7, and Par 8!!!! :D
Somehow I don't believe you. You may not hit it real long, but I don't think i'd play you for money. Wait, you recently carded a 76 right? No way i'd play you for money.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Somehow I don't believe you. You may not hit it real long, but I don't think i'd play you for money. Wait, you recently carded a 76 right? No way i'd play you for money.
Too old, too fat, bad knees, bad back, need glasses, old clubs.... wanna play for a couple bucks??? :>)

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
You guys are tough!!! If I do ever get the chance to meet some of you, I'm gonna sue for age discrimination!!!! :rolleyes:

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
You're not old limp. Just because your social security number is 8 doesn't make you old.
Like I said in another thread, the Good Lord has blessed my wife and I with excellent health! I still have people question my age, when I tell them. Certainly, there are aches and pains. As long as something hurts, I know I woke up!!!!
We do not think of ourselves as "old". We have opportunity to visit some friends who have either moved to assisted living or other facilites where most of the residents are using walkers, canes, wheel chairs, etc. We are NOT old! .... Except...
Both my wife's and my parents and grandparents are gone. Most of our aunts and uncles are gone. Each year, we seem to lose another classmate from high school, or two. We understand better each day that we have been blessed with this short time on Earth, have enjoyed almost 50 years together, have had the opportunity to have grandchildren fall asleep in our laps, and understand there aren't Mulligans in life. As those who seem to make up our regular group on Saturdays and Sundays grows younger, I become one... if not THE... oldest. That gives much opportunity for chiding about my wrinkles and gray hair. And, it gives opportunity to suggest "they just don't build 'em like they used to", when final scores show the old guy can still handle the young flat-bellies.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
My one boy has a little Yoda toy that talks and one of the things it says is, "When 900 years old you reach, look as good you will not." LOL.

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
I'll be a strong maybe for this one. I've enjoyed all the WI outings a lot - there is really a great group of guys here. Our legendary outings attract from as far as California! I'm in the job search right now and honestly have NO IDEA where I will end up yet or what I will be doing in June...

I will try to make it if possible but won't know for a while yet.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Sounds good Jake!

Good luck on the job search. I wish you well! Im back to job searching as well.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
My one boy has a little Yoda toy that talks and one of the things it says is, "When 900 years old you reach, look as good you will not." LOL.

I picked up one of those at Wally World the other day for $7, all the others such as Darth and Chewbacca were still $20 but Yoda was $7 due to everyone of them the batteries were worn out. Big friggin deal, got home threw in 3aa's and he's good to go. And BTW yes i'm a Star Wars geek, have tons of the crap laying around my office at home, bobble heads, potato heads, X-wing fighters, etc etc.

🔥 Latest posts