• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Third Annual June Wisconsin ShotTalk Outing!

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
eclark and other cheeseheads, I've got a suggestion:

Make it a weekend. Find some place that's got at least 2 courses (3 is better). Plan it far enough in advance people can take a day off from work. Play 18 Friday afternoon, 36 Saturday, 18 Sunday. Mix in some low stakes wagers, some good food and bevererages, and if you're really gung ho some kind of a prize. This is extremely easy to do, and you'll probably get more people than trying to play 1 round.

And yeah, I've done it before. Buddy of mine does 2 a year (I got him started years ago) and carries 16-24 every year. They play Myrtle Beach area, and the closest person to the area is 3 hours away.

Just my .02. eclark, if you're going to plan it and want any suggestions, let me know. If you know how and I'm posting useless drivel, well....it's not the first nor last time for that!!! :D

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
When i say outing, i mean whoever wants to come and play a round.

I don't have the time, money, etc to do a full weekend of golf. At least not right now. I do this every year because I like to get together with my friends from shottalk and play a round. The third is my birthday and that's what i choose to do with it.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
She's not one of those cigar chicks is she?
You do understand that I can ban you, right? ;)

When i say outing, i mean whoever wants to come and play a round.

I don't have the time, money, etc to do a full weekend of golf. At least not right now. I do this every year because I like to get together with my friends from shottalk and play a round. The third is my birthday and that's what i choose to do with it.
Happy Birthday e!!! When was it?

You'd be surprised, you can do a weekend of golf for less than you think. The time part I can't help you with...have the same problem here. :(

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
You didn't say anything about a darn b-day yesterday. Happy birthday.

MC - if 6 months in advance to play 1 round isn't enough, no amount of time will be enough to get an acceptable amount of guys together for a whole weekend.

I keep thinking about the fact that I got a bucket of range balls, 18 w/cart, and dinner for $50. And the place is nice and the food is pretty good. E and Fitz, if ya'll want to play another round there a little later this year I am so down as long as nothing unforseen in my work life pops up. Anybody else for that matter too.

dedicatedhacker

Jan 12, 2013
Altus Oklahoma
Country
Happy birthday E! Wish I could come out and harass yall on a golf course. I know I'd play the best game of my life right before I came out and then follow up with the worst game when I'd hit the links with yall ha

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
o
You didn't say anything about a darn b-day yesterday. Happy birthday.

MC - if 6 months in advance to play 1 round isn't enough, no amount of time will be enough to get an acceptable amount of guys together for a whole weekend.

I keep thinking about the fact that I got a bucket of range balls, 18 w/cart, and dinner for $50. And the place is nice and the food is pretty good. E and Fitz, if ya'll want to play another round there a little later this year I am so down as long as nothing unforseen in my work life pops up. Anybody else for that matter too.
k I will come if you all do it again... or just wanna get together and play. let me know

🔥 Latest posts