• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

This about sums it up

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I played the same 9 two days in a row and collectively this is the breakdown...

Total - 88 - 44+44
GIR's - 4
Pars - 6
Birds - 1
Eagles - funny, huh?
Bogeys - 6
Doubles - 4
Triples - 1
Penalty strokes - 2
Putts - 32 - 15+17 2-3putts 6-1putts the rest- 2putts

Total yardage 6950 from tips, which I probably shouldn't play, but I do because that's the tee box that puts the many fw bunkers and water at this course into play for me. I've been playing for 3 years and my sig. shows my "bests". I've never had an ace or an eagle. My scores are usually about the same no matter how I get there. You know how it goes... dub the big stick and pure the irons. Next day, kill driver and suck a$$ around the green. Keeping track of these things has put my game in perspective for me and I am starting to realize just how much practice it would take to keep progressing.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
Three years isn't very long. You should be very proud to shoot in the 80's.

You are due for an eagle, the first one is always the hardest to make.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Dude, if you can shoot 44 on the same 9 holes two days in a row after only 3 years, my hat is off to you, congrats. You are way ahead of schedule.

Keep up with you stats, work on whatever is weakest that week, and you'll break 80 before you know it.

OP
nututhugame

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
Dude, if you can shoot 44 on the same 9 holes two days in a row after only 3 years, my hat is off to you, congrats. You are way ahead of schedule.

Keep up with you stats, work on whatever is weakest that week, and you'll break 80 before you know it.

I am content. I guess the only problem is that I was shooting this last year once the beginning of the year rust was knocked off. In one sense I am happy to have progressed to this point and to maintain fairly regularly. The other side of me, like any golfer, really wants to step it up a notch or two. I'm finding out just how important it really is to be able to take a decent tee shot for granted so that you can actually plan your second shot before you hit your first. Stuff like that. I understand what I need to do... it's just the execution that lacks... somewhat due to lack of practice. I'm not a "natural" so I need that practice for visual/mental comfort on the course and muscle memory.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
When we first met, I could beat nututhugame. He has improved tremendously over the time we've known each other and his swing is starting to look REALLY nice! So are the results. Playing from the whites he smokes me now. Every time. I now make him play the blues and I play the (old man) golds. This has helped even things out for me. He still beat me last time but only by one stroke. Damn it!

OP
nututhugame

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
Well, I matched my lows for 9 and 18 all in one round with WBL today. I should be happy right? Well I am... Kinda. I have driver woes now. I shoulda never sung the praises of the Monster. I hit WBL's FT9 today and I had woes with it as well so as you already know... it's me. Also, I blew breaking my 9 hole low by blowing up and getting a 7 on the last hole. And no, I didn't even know I was there. I don't add my scores till the end. I was pissed to find out that I kept myself out of the 30's by hitting 5 absolutely unacceptable shots on one short par 4. Anyways... I am happy, but I want to get to where today's round is average or a bad day. Just gotta keep grindin & pluggin at it I guess.

OP
nututhugame

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
Much of the same this year. Shooting the same scores pretty much the same ways. One of these days i'll put it all together. I am not the worst putter in the world, but not good. Same could really be said of any part of my game. I do hit some fantastic shots... every now and again i'll even string a few together. I use my head most of the time, but get caught up sometimes trying to do too much though. That's the thing though, it is my belief that the way I will break my bests is when I find myself having a good round through most of the round to go for it, but execute. Now I always equalize myself with a crap hole or two. I don't feel like the way to beat that is conservative, not stupid either, but not chicken. Just not letting 2footers get away, chipping it closer, and no penalties.

Golfanatic

Feb 22, 2012
When we first met, I could beat nututhugame. He has improved tremendously over the time we've known each other and his swing is starting to look REALLY nice! So are the results. Playing from the whites he smokes me now. Every time. I now make him play the blues and I play the (old man) golds. This has helped even things out for me. He still beat me last time but only by one stroke. Damn it!
Hell...come visit me for a few weeks. Maybe some of that will rub off in my direction :D

OP
nututhugame

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
Bogey golf. Sometimes a little better and sometimes a little worse. Get better at one thing and lose what I was doing great at the last time out. Oh well, I have fun.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I think if we could figure out how the ball breaks on the greens we'd putt better. I always seem to read them wrong lately.

OP
nututhugame

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
I think if we could figure out how the ball breaks on the greens we'd putt better. I always seem to read them wrong lately.
Just like today... the day we figure that out we will completely forget how to hit a golf ball with an iron. I had less than two putts per and played real well from the tee, but could not hit a ball off the grass to save my life. Out of the blue. I love iron play and put a lot of thought and such into it and then today... awful. That's how it goes though.

lamebums

300 yards into the woods.
Jul 4, 2007
Just like today... the day we figure that out we will completely forget how to hit a golf ball with an iron. I had less than two putts per and played real well from the tee, but could not hit a ball off the grass to save my life. Out of the blue. I love iron play and put a lot of thought and such into it and then today... awful. That's how it goes though.

Hi nututhugame--

This is the story of my life. I haven't been able to hit my driver for what is about to become two seasons. I was spraying my 3 wood all over the place this year (and still don't trust it in tighter areas). Then I get the 3 wood working right, and I'm pulling all my irons left. So I set up way right to compensate, and then block one way right into the next fairway. Or I'm leaving chips short. So I blast the next one over the other side. And on and on...

OP
nututhugame

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
Broke the spell a little today and shot a 39 on the short little par 35 right by my house. 4 GIR, 15 putts, and no lost balls or penalties of any kind. I am happy. That is the second time this year I broke 40 (good for me).

OP
nututhugame

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
That little course can be nasty sometimes. Good job!
You aint kiddin, i've lost many a ball there. I found that playing less than driver helps there though. I played Kenosha Muni too the day before and that is the same thing. It can actually be even nastier. Thanx though.

Members online

No members online now.