• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

This Cheap Putter

gunning4u

Dec 31, 2006
I love my Teardrop TD31 I’ve tried to knock it out of the bag a bunch of times with a 2 Ball Blade, Ping B60, and a Bettinardi but I always go back to the Teardrop. I have never had a putter that I can get to roll end over end better than the teardrop. Mine cost 90$ at the pro shop but I got it for free 3 years ago for winning a tournament. Here some pics
Picture 008 (Small).jpg
Picture 009 (Small).jpg

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
so I'm the only one with the fugly original tear drop - did I mention I carried it with Cleveland VAS+ irons? ....ugliest....bag....ever...

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
29 putts for "el cheapo" today. Scotty Cameron eat your heart out. :laugh:

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
This is EXACTLY why a custom putter means wasted money, IMO.

R35

I also holed the longest putt I ever have on the course. I've holed longer on the practice green a few times but this one was a bomb, downhill over 50ft.
icon10.gif
I can just get a lot more comfortable over the ball and feel I can see the line using this thing.

gunning4u

Dec 31, 2006
Ez how much does your putter weigh I think they are a little heavier maybe 340-345. If anyone can get their hands on a teardrop take a range ball or a proV with the aiming line and see how well these things roll the ball, very tight end over end and no wobble in the line. Don’t be surprised if it kicks your 300$ Scotty or Odyssey “Crap” or I mean Black out of the bag.

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
The total weight is right around 500grams. The scale jumps between 496 and 504. Not sure what a Scotty 330 35" weighs total but definitely feels lighter than the TD to me.

The end over end roll might be the thing that's making this thing so good. My misses were all a slight push or misread. I made nearly every straight putt I had today, up or downhill.

GoodDay

Sep 22, 2006
You have how much high-dollar equipment in your bag?

Know how many players were in MB playing the calcutta this week that were playing with old "cheap" putters in their bag?

LOTS.

Know how many knew the total weight (in grams) of their putter?

Probably not many.

Ever stand over a putt worth $40,000? At that kind of money, it ain't about "Miura". It's about sinking those bad boys.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.