• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

This Cheap Putter

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I feel a little weird to be carrying all this high dollar, latest technology, big dollar shafts equipment yet I have a $10 (if that) putter. I was going to try a Cameron RedX... I tried one today, guy I played with had it, I hated it. No 3 putts today and holed several 1 putts with my Tear Drop "roll face" putter.

Anyone else play a cheap or odd putter? Should I care if the thing is putting it in the hole? I knew my thinking was offbase when I brought this putter back out. I thought I would try the offset, 35" to get used to it when that Circa 62 was en route last month. That round I made a bunch of putts, including one over 20ft. breaking downhill to save par. Today I had 2 sand saves and no 3 putts.

flomarilius

Nike staffer :)
Jun 19, 2006
I see what you mean just looking at your sig. Honestly, if its dropping putts dont change it. If you really feel the itch of trying to get a more "known" putter try around for something that looks and feels the same a bit. Putters are preference and we all know that. Go with what works.

VoteWhitey4Prez

Apr 22, 2007
Mine is pretty odd, but I haven't ever played with a different one to know if it is any good or not.

It looks like this, without the spiders on each side...

jg44b.jpg

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
My gamer is a putter I built this past winter. It's an Inazone B-3 head. I have been putting lights out with this thing, better than I've putted in probably 10 years. I built five putters this past winter to try out and came up with three I've kept. Out of the three, this one is the best.

Inazone B-3 Head: $18
Straight, stepless putter shaft: $4
Winn Excel AVS grip: $5
Total cost: $27

awww.webtoo.net_misc_100_0173sm.jpg

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Ez, of course its about how much it costed!!!! And about how much you saved off retail:)

If it helps any, I just picked up my Red X2 today.

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
I had the original tear drop putter in my bag for way too long - it was the softest feeling club i've ever hit a ball with, but i could have putted much better with something that helped me align my putt better visually and provided more feedback

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I don't know what it costs, I got it as a kick in on a trade I did, R7425 for an R510TP. I made out on that one.

My boss has the B60 and I like it. I just can't stop holing putts with this el cheapo Tear Drop.

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Allright. Let's get some love going for the Tear Drop. :laugh: The heck with it. I putt 10times better with it than a $300 Scotty. She's might be ugly but gets the job done.

2656d1166632607-club-week-dscf0996.jpg

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
The return of the lanolium! :D

If it works, keep it in the bag.

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
that putter isn't too ugly - if it makes putts, keep it

this is the one I was talking about - this thing is ugly
uglyTearDrop.jpg

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
I got a cheap one now that found its way into my bag, and it has cut my putts, (well that and lots of practice) the worst part is I can't even tell you what brand it is. I know the brand, I just can't tell you, it would be inviting abuse from Warbird.:hunter:

🔥 Latest posts