• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

This doesnt happen often if at all...

Hackin_Away

Feb 13, 2009
I got an eagle today!!!!!!!! lol. Anyhow, pretty sure my first ever, so i was happy. Was the first hole, par 5, not super long, actually pretty short part 5, think 470ish. I hit a really nice drive, then smoked a 5w about from bout 210 or so out to bout 8ft from the stick...then sunk the putt. Rest of my game wasnt too good tho, LOL. Irons are trying to go back to their bad days of slicing terribly, so i need to work on them....a lot more. In fact i hit a 5w on a 160yrd par 3, lol..cuz i was so un-confident in my irons. Choked up on it and hit didnt swing my azz off, put it bout 2yrds off the back of the green. Woods treated me pretty good tho over all, chipping and putting were also both pretty good.

floggerrushmd

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2008
Congrats on the eagle. That is one of the milestones in beginning golf. Hopefully it will become so common place that you forget exactly how your first one felt, but it is a special feeling to get that first one. Here's to many more to come....

OP
Hackin_Away

Hackin_Away

Feb 13, 2009
Thanks guys, yea i mean at the time I didn't really thing a TON of it....you know its funny cuz even on birdie putts i get all fidgety, but i looked at the putt, and didnt think bout whether or not i could make it, just hit and it and it went in. Was pretty straight put really, if i remember right, aimed bout 1" left of the cup and it was slightly uphill. I think in the back of my mind i thought more along the lines of, well if i get it close i can still birdie, haha.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.