• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

This ever happen to anybody???

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
One of the courses I play has a few houses along it, anyways next to the 7th tee there are some little douchebag kids about 11-12 years old. They will stand on the rear deck of their house screaming the entire time anyone is on the tee box. As soon as you tee off they shut up & wait for the next group.

Annoying brats but the best thing to do is make a good tee shot & then wave at the lil pricks.:thumbs up:

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
I think you need to toughen up, buttercup. Overcoming adversity is what the mental game is all about.

To say that the rest of us "couldn't have handled it" had it happened to us is a gross generalization. I guarantee I could have handled it, hopefully made my double, and tried to birdie in the last few holes to get those strokes back.

Does shit like this bother me? Of course. It bothers everyone that's why people do it. Would it ruin my round to the point that I would leave the premesis with my tail between my legs? Not a chance. I'm better than that.

kasch

Apr 23, 2009
Try having it happen in a big tournament..

Aussie Open qualifying last year i was standing on the 17th tee with driver in hand and had a horn go off as i came into the ball. Lost it right into the hazard.

Now, you and i are different, as i dwelled on it for 20 seconds with my caddie before walking up, taking my drop and saving par. To be good at this game you need to block out distractions like this as it will only hinder your performances.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Karma for this guy is for a hard pull hook to come through his bedroom window and bust him right in the balls while he is trying to give it to his wife....thats for effing up someone else while they were trying to perform.

It's just too may words to put on a T-Shirt, but otherwise golden! Well done EC, made my day.

As for you Fish, I cannot believe you walked in because you got so upset. Imagine Tiger walking in because someone clicked a camera in his backswing.

Given that you were shooting a PB (a sub-par PB by the sounds of it) I understand the frustration, but golf is a funny game. If you plugged in the bunker, or landed in a divot, or got a ridiculous bounce OB, would you exit the course as well?

Ya gotten toughen up dude. And be able to let these things go ASAP after they happen. There's a great photo of Butch Harmon working with El Tigre, when he was yelling in T's ear whicl ehe was trying to put. Tiger actually wanted to practice while someone was trying to put him off. His dad would do the same thing, rattle coins in his pocket, drop the bag etc. TW wanted to toughen up his golf mind.

OP
F

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
So what I gather is that none of you have a pulse or a temper. You all have ice water in you veigns. And you are such good golfers than a blood curtling yell at the top of your backswing shattering the silence would not affect you. Well you all are better than me because I wanted to beat the living shit out of the MFer.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
So what I gather is that none of you have a pulse or a temper. You all have ice water in you veigns. And you are such good golfers than a blood curtling yell at the top of your backswing shattering the silence would not affect you. Well you all are better than me because I wanted to beat the living shit out of the MFer.

No Fisher, that isn't what everyone has been saying. I'm pretty sure we all agreed the guy was wrong, and is obviously a D'bag for having done it. All we were trying to say was that you shouldn't have let it ruin what was obviously a great round you had going.

If it got to that much, and apparently is still bothering you this badly, you might want to look into some anger management, ;)

On a side note, ever watch a big time college or pro basketball game? Those guys stand there and drain free throws with all kinds of noise and visual distractions going on behind the basket.

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa

I don't think anyone said it wouldn't "affect" them...what we (or at least "I") am trying to say is your RESPONSE is not what we (or "I") would have done.

Someone screaming in your backswing is simply something you (unfortunately) have to accept when playing on public courses.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
I used to have the worst temper on the golf course you can imagine. Then I read where Arnold Palmer once told an amateur "You're not good enough to get that mad."

:)

That's when I realized I was that person.

Golf is a game to be enjoyed, whether you're putting for eagle or dropping for the 3rd time.

kasch

Apr 23, 2009

No, fisher.. I admit openly that i have a terribly short temper. But, on the golf course, you need to remember that you are out there to have fun, enjoy yourself and do a job so to speak.

Sure, the scream may have made you hit it OB and had an affect on you. The thing is, you should have walked to your ball or sat down for a minute and collected yourself. Play on, and accept the results you get.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Actually, since he hit his tees shot OB, he should have teed up another, taken a penalty shot and yelled at the top of his lungs "IF YOU MAKE ANOTHER SOUND, I WILL JAM THIS DRIVER SO FAR UP YOUR ASS THAT YOU'LL BE BELCHING TITLEIST!"

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
You should have taken a few minutes to collect yourself. Next time try closing your eyes and taking long slow breaths. While urinating in his yard.

Then go calmly finish your round.

Kevin

OP
F

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
After talking to a few people I did get a pretty good idea which is the offending house. Funny how I have been developing this funny tendancy to hit the driver off the toe on the 15th. I have also developed a strange low hozzle rocket shank on the 14th.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
After talking to a few people I did get a pretty good idea which is the offending house. Funny how I have been developing this funny tendancy to hit the driver off the toe on the 15th. I have also developed a strange low hozzle rocket shank on the 14th.

Just don't use any custom balls with your name and address.

Use Rockford's instead. :D

ecooke21

Sep 6, 2006
I was kind of a prick in my teen years.. while driving by the local course we would honk our horns right when people were at the top of there backswing... I would be pissed nowaday if that happened to me :)

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
I think this situation is analogous to a ball being interfered with by an animal. If a slimy tree toad carries your ball away, you're allowed to replace it and play with no penalty from the spot before the toad eff'd with you. In this case it seems reasonable to me, that you should re-tee and play without penalty.

In addition, it's a well known fact that you will always hit the second shot better than the first.:)

🔥 Latest posts