• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

This game knows how to kick you in the bollox

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
3rd comp of the season today, my confidence was sky high after finishing in the top 5 for the previous two comps without playing my best golf. Unfortanatly today I developed a bad case of the shanks. I'm not to sure whats causing it. I have been taking my driver away more on the inside recently to try to get away from my normal fade & trying to hit a draw.(my home course favors a right to left flight) This seems to have worked as I'm hitting more fairways but my iron play has gone to pot today. I play Nike Pro-combo iron's and today I could not use the balde irons (8,9,pw) without shanking it or hitting a bad slice. I shot my worse front 9 ever 54 shots started 7, 7, 5, 10, whats that all about? I was going to NR but decided to battle on. I managed to play the back 9 to a more respectable 39 by not using 8-pw. I've been on ebay and Golfreview all night as I'm thinking I'm not good enough for these irons (9 handicap) and have been looking into what I could change to. I might get some Titleist 702 CB's these are forged but all are cavity back. It's just amazing how you can go from solid golf to crap like today in such a short space of time. I've got another comp on monday so hopefully things will go back just as quickly as they have gone wrong.

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast

Deep in thought
Sep 6, 2005
It's tough sometimes, but I think you did well to come back on the back after a tough front, right? If you're going to have a bad day, I much prefer to have a decent back-9 bad front over decent front-9 bad back. The former seems to indicate a certain toughness, as you didn't just pack it in.

Members online

No members online now.