• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

This guys an A-hole.

Sean

Worm Burner
Aug 24, 2006
So, I'm at the range this morning, hacking up a perfectly fine lawn and littering the woods with sliced tee shots when I decide to hit my 6 iron.

On the first shot I take full wind up and put everything I got into it. Club comes down, kicks through a little turf, sends the ball skyward and just STOPS about 2 inches after contact.

The ****nod down the range decided he wanted more fresh grass to hit off so he unpinned the front rope (He had already moved the back rope) and started to walk backwards with it when my club met it.

I swear I thought I broke my wrist for a couple minutes. I yelped like a dog that just got kicked when it happened and the guy grabbed his 3 clubs he brought and left while I was on one knee trying not to cry.

I had plans to go golfing with some buddies tomorrow but I can barely type right now, let alone golf.

Been in a foul mood all day now. I mean, wtf moves the ropes while people are swinging? A-holes do!

Golf swings aren't meant to stop like that, lmao.

- Sean

OP
S

Sean

Worm Burner
Aug 24, 2006
And what's the deal with hauling ass anyways? Heck, if I screwed up like that I'd be begging for forgivemness and checking on the guy! Dude just goes, "Oh Sh!t!!", grabs his stuff and books...

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Thats one smooth customer right there.

Books? Was he new to golf or something? Or just trying to find a way to swing without a lesson?

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
You should have walked over and punched him in the face with your good hand.

OP
S

Sean

Worm Burner
Aug 24, 2006
T
Books? Was he new to golf or something? Or just trying to find a way to swing without a lesson?

Took me a minute to figure out what you were asking :) Maybe it's a bit ofa coloquialism but 'book', at least around here, means "run fast" ie, "That runner was really bookin'!" or "I booked over to the golf shop to buy some balls."

Right wrist is sore as hell right now, don't think I need medical attention. I would've liked to have kicked the guy in the jimmy but by the time I realized what happened, the guy was at his car. At first I thought it was just a bad swing and got caught in the turf, it wasn't until after I dropped the club, went to a knee and got my head together that I saw the rope tangled in my club and the rops were physically moved and unpinned. Too late to do anything really. I just gave the 3/4 of my large bucket to a local team that was practicing and went to work.

I'll be fine so better to move on, I guess. Guys still a jackass though!

irfan

May 6, 2007
tell the proshop there and if they have cameras they can prevent him from coming back, ever.

Tenn-Driver

Dec 3, 2006
Should have used your good hand to drop him.

Then he would have hurt his only good hand... then how would he play with his little putter..? :rolleyes:

The Sean had a bag full of perfectly good irons.... know what I mean ? :laugh:

Jules150

Aug 29, 2006
Yea hitting the rope is a real bitch, Ive done that twice this year. First time i hurt my wrist but i was able to still hit balls, second time i was embarassed but ok.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online