• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

This is driving me crazy!!!!!

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
You know the new Nike One ball commercial? The collage one with clips of all the Nike staffers?

Nike Golf - Nike Oneball

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT MUSIC??? It is so familiar, like some 60's pop song done with a techno beat, but I just can't place it........

It ought to be against the law to make a commercial with a catchy tune and then not tell you what it is. :(

And, which one of the new ONE balls is closest to the One Black?

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
That could be it!

How did you know that? I got nothing on google.

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
Even though I'm not a huge fan of Nike golf stuff I have to admit I like the commercial and was humming that damn tune around the house all weekend. :laugh:

The new Footjoy commercial is pretty good too, I think.

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Nike One Black is an excellent ball. But now which one of the new ones is the One?

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
There has been an explosion in the last year of bringing older songs back with either a hip-hop, rock, or dance beat to them...most of them suck...some of them are really good.

I am not that old, but my parents always listend to 'oldies' in the car and i know most of them by heart to this day, so it is hilarious to tell kids i know today who really like those remakes that those lyrics are from the 60's...they refuse to believe me untill i download the original song and prove them wrong.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Nike ONE Tour is the Platinum
Nike ONE Tour D is the black

(I think) :confused:

I read this and I'm still not sure. The Tour is 4-piece (Platinum?) and the Tour D is 3-piece (Black?)...

New Nike Golf Balls: Nike ONE Tour, Nike ONE Tour D, Nike ONE Vapor | Discount Golf World Blog

The One Tour is Nike’s ultimate tour performance ball. Nike’s staff players wanted a ball with a softer cover for feel and more greenside control without sacrificing driver distance. The four-piece, urethane ball with 88 compression is designed for players with driver swing speeds above 90 mph. Trevor Immelman used a prototype of this ball to win last year’s Masters.
The One Tour D is a three-piece, urethane ball with 80-compression aimed a wider variety of swing types, while the One Vapor is a three-piece, ionomer blend with 70-compression for players with driver swing speeds above 80 mph. Each ball features a “Power Transfer Layer,” an advanced polymer layer that maximizes velocity, distance and control throughout the bag.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
That could be it!

How did you know that? I got nothing on google.

I just remembered the tune from the movie Kingpin. Then, from that, I sung the song in my head. The lyrics, I Want Candy, I just typed that into Google and it was the first hit.

Easy.

R35

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
There has been an explosion in the last year of bringing older songs back with either a hip-hop, rock, or dance beat to them...most of them suck...some of them are really good.

I am not that old, but my parents always listend to 'oldies' in the car and i know most of them by heart to this day, so it is hilarious to tell kids i know today who really like those remakes that those lyrics are from the 60's...they refuse to believe me untill i download the original song and prove them wrong.

I am that old but have gone through the same thing with my girls. When they were high school my oldest came one day all excited about a new band she had just "discovered." I asked who it was and she said...Aerosmith. :biglol:

She wasn't very happy when I told her Steven Tyler was older than me.

I have enjoyed having some music in common with them though.

🔥 Latest posts