• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

This is seriously going to cut into my golf next summer...

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Having kids, nursing them, changing diapers, and just general maintenance... that's what women do. The more difficult tasks of life... like playing golf... that's what real men do. Make certain you point this out to your wife, preferably when she is puking her guts out with morning sickness. :D

Hey, congratulations!!!! This is a special time. Take it all in. Too soon, kids grow up and leave the nest. Wishing you and your wife the best of luck!!

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I felt the same way as you when I found out my wife was pregnant. Them my daughter was born and I fell in love. Golf, and many other things took a back seat and I didn't think twice about it.

Limp is right, savor this and the time when they are little. She's almost 7 now and I don't know where the time went. Golf will be there, but you won't ever be able to get the early years back.

Congratulations!

Last edited:
OP
Fitzpatrick

Fitzpatrick

Good Walk Spoiler
Supporting Member
Dec 19, 2006
Thanks guys! I feel like my one saving grace when it comes to golf when the baby comes is that we have a big back yard that I can practice my short game. So, when I get back to playing, I should be a short game wizard and back to tried and true hack everywhere else!

Seriously looking forward to this, though!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
One piece of advice... For the sake of the little one, move south!!! Allow the child to know there is actually more to life than snow, cows, and cheese. It is entirely irresponsible, as a parent, to raise kids in an environment where... should they venture into the real world... always be told they talk funny!!!! Eh???:D

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Congrats Fitz!!!!

I've been through it twice now, and there's nothing anyone can tell you that will prepare you for the intense sense of love you have for your own children. It's an absolutely amazing feeling.

Enjoy the non-mobile stage. Once they can move, the whole world is their playground.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
One piece of advice... For the sake of the little one, move south!!! Allow the child to know there is actually more to life than snow, cows, and cheese. It is entirely irresponsible, as a parent, to raise kids in an environment where... should they venture into the real world... always be told they talk funny!!!! Eh???:D
You think people who live in the middle and southern part of the country don't talk funny?

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.