• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

This must be what its like in Wisconsin?????

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
We have three inches of snow on the ground. This is the earliest I ever remember it snowing at my house. Being just 600 yards from the atlantic ocean snow is not all that common here especially before January. Typically it can't snow here unless the ocean water temperature gets below 40* Must be global warming. This has been one of the longest stretches in 3 years that I haven't played golf. We have averaged a coastal storm about once a week and it always seems to be the days I would normally play. I have only practiced outdoors about 5 times in the past three weeks and have only played a total of about 12 holes on the course in that time frame. I'm in withdrawl.

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Where are you? Long Island?

I'm on the CT shore and have no snow .......yet.
They're talking 10 - 14 inches for us.

OP
F

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
Ocean City, NJ. 12 miles south of Atlantic City.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Actually, Fisher, here in WI it would not be totally out of the ordinary to have a few inches at Halloween or shortly thereafter. We've already been having days of -25 wind chill. What really sucks is that I had a dome about 20min. away, but it collapsed last year and the owner took the ins. $ and ran. My withdraws have turned into more focus on other things although I still a lot of chipping and putting in the house.

Grinder

Nov 19, 2009
I'm just SE of Raleigh, NC. We had snow and sleet yesterday but nothing accumulated. Then it turned into A LOT of rain. There was good accumulation W and NW of Raleigh. I've lived here since '88. Last winter, and now this one, are the first ones I remember having a snow before Christmas. We did have one white Christmas about 8 years ago. Last winter was a cold one. I bet this one will be the same, if not colder.

gwlee7

Ho's from Rocky Mount, NC
Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2005
I'm just SE of Raleigh, NC. We had snow and sleet yesterday but nothing accumulated. Then it turned into A LOT of rain. There was good accumulation W and NW of Raleigh. I've lived here since '88. Last winter, and now this one, are the first ones I remember having a snow before Christmas. We did have one white Christmas about 8 years ago. Last winter was a cold one. I bet this one will be the same, if not colder.

Where in NC exactly. If you are SE of Raleigh, you can't be far from me. I live in Rocky Mount. Another poster here, BryGuy, lives in Wilson.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
I'm between Raleigh and Pinehurst...we can't be that far apart, Grinder.

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
We ended up with 20 inches!

this is the most snow I have ever seen here at one time.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Lucky me, we don't get snow here all that often during the winter.. last year wasn't that cold... the year before was, and we got around 2-3 inches one day.

I'm expecting snow this year.. We've had more rain than I can remember ever living in GA... Record raining this year, after a historic drought.

And it's colder than normal, longer than normal and to be honest.. this global warming HAS to be a farce!!

I'm going stir crazy... I can play in the cold.. I have the gear for that, and the fortitude to play through it just fine.. But the rain AND cold? I can't do it.. I can't have the rain... I can't play on a muddy ass course, cart path only in the cold and slick frozen greens. No thanks.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Shooting?

Get inside.. guns work in the snow!!

Oh wait.. you have a glock.. guess your out of luck.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Shooting?

Get inside.. guns work in the snow!!

Oh wait.. you have a glock.. guess your out of luck.

anortheastshooters.com_images_kaboom.jpg

My glock will work in the snow no problem. Glock will work in any situation. I'd take my AR15 out in the snow as well :thumbs up:

My problem is i won't pay to shoot at an indoor range.

I don't have benches where i shoot so i shoot prone normally. Snow knee deep or more makes it really tough to shoot prone. Plus negative 20 degree temps make trying to work up acceptable accurate hunting reloads tough when you are shaking so bad being on the verge of hypothermia...lol

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
What's this snow stuff that you guys keep referring to????

It sounds like fun...

Yeah Lefty. It's got me wondering about a few things b/c they keep referring to how many "inches" they're getting. :wink:

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.