• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

This thing with removing the colour from gear

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
what did you use to get the paint off?

Soak the heads in some nailpolish remover that has acetone in it. Straight acetone will work faster, but it's bloody toxic by comparison. The nailpolish remover is easier on your hands and smells like flowers. :)

Get a sharp pick and some smaller tools to pick the stuff out of the filled areas. Some will come very easily, some can be stubborn. Let them soak for about 10-15 minutes, being VERY careful to not get any of the remover/acetone on the ferrules, grips, labels are anything that you want paint in. This includes getting some on you hands, then touching the grips, ferrules, etc. And be careful, it will eat the paint off shafts too if you're going to do some woods.

R35

OP
dave.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
I must admit I have just removed the paintfill from my Ping tee and it now says tiny

brendy

Oct 20, 2007
Would you deface your car like that? :)
Its a pref thing, I noticed my Scotty pro platinum was losing a little paint so stripped bits and used red to fill and now have a lovely red/white fill on the bottom, 1 whole line of text red and the rest white.

Tee 1 Up

Jul 24, 2007
To each their own. You all are staring to act like a bunch of women.. Just kidding ..Don't everyone get all rilled up..

OP
dave.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
I don't think anyone is getting riled up tbh,Rock is just being normal and the guy with the trashed R7 can see the funny side;)

Members online

No members online now.