• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

This weather is really starting to hack me off!!!!

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
Thanks to global warming I can't remember a winter like this.....ever. Last year I played golf all winter except for a two week span. the previous 5 years the same thing. This year its been non-stop bad weather. Right now its snowing like crazy out and they are saying we could get more than 24" out of this storm. The last time we had snow like this here was 1979. We usually don't get much snow here at the beach but this year has been rediculous.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
We have had so much rain, it's getting ridiculous here.. I can't play a damn day to save my life, and trotted through mud the other day to play 9 and get my fix. I was swinging so great too, and we got almost 2-3 inches in the past day..

I might suck it up and hit off mats tomorrow just to get outside.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
12* here with windchill -1*, haven't played since the end of July and don't see myself playing for at least 2 more months-and that's being optimistic. So, I really feel for you guys who have had to suffer through this winter, LOL.

20 PAT's

Jun 21, 2009
Screw it, I'm heading to Fla at the end of the month. I am ready to get out of here... I don't ski/snowboard, so all that I do is play tennis and eeven the dull lights at the gym are starting to get depressing....

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
I'm loving the weather, we had 1 big storm & really not much since, temps are hovering in the mid 20's & upwards. You east coasties can have all our bad weather for once.

1967GTA

I Love Cindy Mancini
Dec 23, 2009
good lord, i dont know how you guys go months without playing. it was about 68º here today (St Petersburg, FL), but really windy so i didnt go out. maybe tomorrow

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
You know what? I might just go play today.

It's a bit cold, only about 80*F but I'm sure I'll survive with pants instead of shorts.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
I went to the range and spent around and hour or so hitting it around.. 32* and REAL windy. The grounds are soggy as hell from all the rain too.

Might try again tomorrow afternoon, maybe play 9 or something if I can get it in, maybe more if possible. If I play, it's cart path only..but it'll be around 50 tomorrow.

I think it only pisses me off that I just become a member of a private club, but now the weather wont let me enjoy it just yet.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
You know what? I might just go play today.

It's a bit cold, only about 80*F but I'm sure I'll survive with pants instead of shorts.

What a jerk. Not only is your cap a fraction of mine, but you get to play whenever you please to enjoy how good you are.

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
What a jerk. Not only is your cap a fraction of mine, but you get to play whenever you please to enjoy how good you are.

We all have our crosses to bear!!! :wink:

but it certainly helps to know that I can practice all year round. Not that I ever do it anyway but at least I know I can should I ever get bored enough.

DaGris

Bears fan in Georgia
Dec 8, 2007
me too!

we dont have the real cold weather like u boys up north..but the rain!....every other day it seems it rains around here...the courses are soaked! I always play a few rounds in January and February, but not this year...it has rained every weekend these past couple of months

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Just got a bit of snow again, but before this little storm, we had about a month of almost zero precipitation at all...it was a nice break from the slippery roads.

🔥 Latest posts