• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

This weather is really starting to hack me off!!!!

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
I understand your pain. Through this winter, I have been experiencing severe withdrawal symptoms. My clubs have been clean for 33 days. I'm depressed, I go through spells of uncontrollable crying. I can't sleep, I wake up in the middle of the night cold and sweating. I've been lashing out at friends, family and co-workers. I need my fix!

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Argghhhhhhhh, I can not feel my hands! I got desperate and went down to the driving range a little while ago. 37º with a 10-15 mph wind, so the wind chill is below freezing. I finally left half a bucket of balls there when I realized I could no longer feel my hands to know how tightly I was gripping the club.

I don't know how my friends from the north do it?

OP
F

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
Thanks to global warming our news this morning reported that we have broken the all time snowfall record. We have had over 48" of snow this season. Can you imagine how bad this winter would have been if there was no global warming?

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
My house furnace is 70,000 BTU. That's a big space heater you're packing...lol.

R35

But your furnace isn't sitting outside exposed to the elements, 70,000 btu's will easily heat a house, put it outside & you will freeze your ass off. Those heaters at the range are 90,000 & really pound out the heat. I have been there on 7º days & literally wear a short sleeved shirt & am comfortable.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
But your furnace isn't sitting outside exposed to the elements, 70,000 btu's will easily heat a house, put it outside & you will freeze your ass off. Those heaters at the range are 90,000 & really pound out the heat. I have been there on 7º days & literally wear a short sleeved shirt & am comfortable.

I had a 125k BTU propane heater in my garage while working on the cars earlier, it put out enough heat that your pants would ignite if you got too close to it...thats not a good feeling, standing there reading the manual and i smell something burning...yeah, it was me

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Forecasting 4-8 inches of snow here tonight? WTF? We get an occasional flurry that may leave a light dusting on the grass, but 4-8 inches? If it hits there will be 9,000 wrecks in the morning. These folks here can barely drive on clear streets, snow and ice covered? Oh boy, this could be interesting.

BTW, the entire state on Mississippi owns ONE, count them, ONE snow plow, and its based 150 miles from here, Lol!

🔥 Latest posts