• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Thomas Bjorn: 'This Is One of the Greatest Days in My Career'

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
THOMAS BJORN HAD BEEN LOOKING forward to the day when he would get his turn as European Ryder Cup captain. It finally happened on Tuesday.

Courtesy of Callaway Golf​
The 45-year-old Dane will be the skipper for the European side at the 2018 Ryder Cup near Paris. He is the first Scandinavian to serve in that role.

"It's a huge honor for me to be named European captain ..." Bjorn said. "This is one of the greatest days in my career."

Bjorn has plenty of Ryder Cup experience as both a player and an assistant captain. He played on victorious teams in 1997, 2002 and 2014. He served as an assistant in 2004, 2010, 2012 and 2016. Hard to imagine how he could be more ready to take the reins.

Bjorn was picked by a committee that included Europe's last three Ryder Cup captains: Darren Clarke, Paul McGinley and Colin Montgomerie.

Bjorn added, "I studied a lot of captains as a player and as a vice captain, and always wondered what that feeling would be like to be the one leading out a team of 12 great players. Now it's my turn to do just that and it is an exciting moment for me. I have lived and breathed the European Tour for so long, and now I will do the same with the Ryder Cup for the next two years."

Source: Thomas Bjorn: 'This Is One of the Greatest Days in My Career'

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.