• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Thought I was happy with my Ping si3 ..

trob

Apr 2, 2006
That was the driver of choice for this summer. Thought I would stick with that until next year when the g2 comes down in price even more. Then yesterday my friend shows up at the course with his spanky new Taylor made r580xd. Dicks sporting goods is selling them for $150 bucks. I've liked Taylor made drivers in the past..I had a 420 burner that I liked. So I was actually strugeling with my driver yesterday...I've been hitting it great but yesterday either I hit ist straight or I hit a horrible slice. I decide to give his a few whacks. First the club looked great and felt great at set up! You didn't have to swing hard and it just jumped off the face of the club...and straight and high. It was a 10.5 with the standard shaft which. Soooo tomorrow I'll be heading to Dicks to pick up a new driver. Fathers day gift sounds about right...lol

OP
T

trob

Apr 2, 2006
Well I made it out today..got a 10.5 degree model. I'm glad I made it out. they only had a few left. Taylor has their new club out..looks like r7 with the wieghts in it...but you can't take them out. You pick whether you want one nuetral or with a draw. Anyway if anyone wants one get it now.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online