• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Thoughts on gambling on the course

gpo

Jun 2, 2008
We used to gamble during HS practice rounds. There was always money exchanging hands. Helps with pressure. I grew up playing for money with my Dad's buddy's.

One good game is 3 hole robins. Basically pairs best ball for 3 holes. It is cool when they start carrying over and you get a couple going at the same time.

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
I play on a regular basis with 2 self-made millionaires - eh try and get 5 euro off them in a game of front/back/overall, as you guys say it's the competitive edge and mot the money that motivates

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
i think its a great idea but u must choose your playing partner wisley
for example i sometimes play with a young lad who is 16 (im 19 btw) and he always asks to bet me which i dont mind cos he has only ever beaten me once of scratch and i did play rather bad, but my poin is when their is money on it he does my head in because u can tell he wants me to hit bad shots rather than him hit good ones and if i get double bogey he will say oh was that a double even though he knows perfectly well it was or he will keep sayin stuff like ohhh theres only one shot in it or look im beating you by 2 shots or something like that which will affect my game cos id rather just him shut up and we play im not into puttin people off to win
so yeh choose yur playing partner wisley and its great fun
i sometimes play 50p per hole skins with a mate from work which is good way to have a laff if there is 3 or 4 of you!

This is not related to the topic at hand, and I don't mean it to be rude -- I think it's funny that your username has 2 periods in it and your posts have none.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
This is not related to the topic at hand, and I don't mean it to be rude -- I think it's funny that your username has 2 periods in it and your posts have none.

It's Tuesday and we already have a post of the week winner :D

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I HATE playing Wolf. I have no idea why, but I HATE it.

I rarely pay anything at the end, but it really takes me out of my element.

In two summers, I've yet to lose a "Hey, closest to the pin for a beer" bet tho. You'd think they'd learn. :D

R35

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I HATE playing Wolf. I have no idea why, but I HATE it.

I rarely pay anything at the end, but it really takes me out of my element.

In two summers, I've yet to lose a "Hey, closest to the pin for a beer" bet tho. You'd think they'd learn. :D

R35

If you would come to NE this Sept. I'd have no problem taking some cash off of you if you'd like :D

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
If you would come to NE this Sept. I'd have no problem taking some cash off of you if you'd like :D

Didn't you take all of the fat Old men's cash in Florida? I want LOTS of strokes.:)

PhillyEagle

Feb 3, 2007
I don't play money per hole, but I have played for money for whoever wins (stroke). And occasionally if I'm with a friend and we both have drives that end up right next to each other...I'll do closest to the pin for a couple bucks. I'd bet more if others were more willing though.

kmdkk20

Jul 10, 2008
For me its another way to be competitive i love having that feeling that pressure in those situations where your playing a good buddy and you know you need to make a put to beat him. It feels great winning or losing. Winning is nicer though. I like the competitive aspects and that makes you a better player.

Members online

No members online now.