• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Thoughts/prayers request

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Best wishes on your FIL's recovery. Glad you will have him with you for hopefully many more years. Time together on this earth is short..........cherish it.

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Prayers, of course. This type of surgery, even though major, seems to one they really have a handle on now a days. My dad had a triple and a valve replacement about 12 years ago, and he's doing way better than he was before the surgery. He sure looked wrecked right after, though. That was hard for me to take at 17.

retexan599

Apr 20, 2009
This morning my FIL had bypass surgery. He was initially told he needed 1, but that while they were there they were doing a triple as the other 2 needed some work anyway. We just got told that they went ahead and did a quadruple. He's doing great, he's in great health, and they expect a full recovery.

Anyone so inclinded, keep him in your thoughts over the next few weeks. He's extremely active and recovery is probably going to be tougher on him than the surgery.

I had multiple bypass surgery 11 years ago. It was pretty rough to go through and took quite a longish recovery. My heart arteries still tend to clog up and I have had several stents implanted during the intervening years. One thing that is helping lately is the use of Plavix which I started in 2006. My checkups and symptoms have been good since then. It was worth it, though (in the matter of golf) because I have gotten to introduce three of my grandsons to golf and we get to play fairly often; that is a real treat for me and for them. Best wishes to your FIL. Oh, one last thing: after the surgery I went to a cardiac rehab program for several weeks: careful reintroduction to exercise, relaxation techniques, and dietary advice. If such a program is available to him, look into it because it really helped in the recovery.

OP
MCDavis

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Update: He went home yesterday about noon. PT for 6 weeks and then back to life as usual. The doctor's are extrememly pleased with his progress, and of course we are also!

Thank you for the thoughts and prayers!

🔥 Latest posts