• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tiger at the PGA

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
As of right now, he's +4 after 11 (+7 in the last 6 holes)...

Think he'll withdraw citing a leg injury?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I'm excited. If I shoot 7 over, tomorrow, I'm playing as good as Tiger Woods!! Wonder if Nike will give me a juicy contract?

In his interview, he said he began the round "thinking mechanics" and got to 3 under. He stated he, then, started relaxing and just letting his insticts take over and his game went to pot. With many athletes, it's just the opposite. They will say they were on "cruise control" and something got them "thinking too much" and their game went to pot. A pitcher tosses a couple of balls and he begins to mentally aim his pitches. He's toast.

It will be difficult for TW to have a faux injury and drop out of this tourney. Rory had every excuse to bail. Bandaged his wrist and gritted through the round. Now, if TW tries to fake something, he will even further motivate the "boo birds". Hopefully, he shoots another 77 tomorrow and fades from the picture until at least next season.... maybe forever! He needs to finish higher than 14th place to even get into the FedEx Cup race. Currently sitting at something like 139th, it will take a pretty good round for him to even make the cut. Perkins, lock up your waitresses. A Tiger will soon be lurking anywhere except at Atlanta County Club.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
I have to applaud Tiger lover's faith though, since I have heard on every start of a tournament that "he surely is playing good and with a little bit of concentration in the putting he'll kill the course". Yes, sure!

BTW I haven't seen Fisher in a while. I guess since Tiggy is not winning there is nothing worth around the golf world for him to share. Isn't it great when you only appear when "you were right about him!"?

Anyway, it's sad for Tiger and the golf world. Even for haters, I think we all expected to see him battling on top.

I guess we can say now that a Star has died...

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Maybe he can find another coach and change his swing again!! Or go back to Butch Harmon who had him at his best. I can not understand why a gifted athlete with a perfect swing would go and change it over and over. How can you be thinking about how to swing under pressure? Lee Trevino or Jack Nicklaus stayed with their swings for a life time and came out pretty good. The only other top golfer that ever dinked with his swing and improved was Faldo. And Hogan made his own changes, not someone elses, so he understood everything he was doing.

If you're a hack, like many of us are, it's wise to continue to try to improve your swing but not change the whole thing all at once.

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
He's been changing his swing to find a way of relieving the pressure on his left knee. Until it works he has little choice but to continue his search. The one who has me scratching my head is Harrington...why oh why Paddy?

Harmon was saying last night that there was no way he and Tiger are going to work together again. Quite jovially I might add but with some determination behind that.

That win against Rocco was perhaps his last hurrah and did more damage than we realised and once his private life went up in smoke it's been a different player; barring a few glimpses of his old magic. I still can't quite write him off yet but a comeback of any substance is becoming less and less likely obviously.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
BTW I haven't seen Fisher in a while.

Fisher is no longer with us on the board and hasn't been for some time due to a 'conflict' with the moderators.

While it's everyone's perogative, we can probably move on from dragging him through the mud over and over again.

There's plenty of others to dog on this website! ;)

Thanks guys,

R35

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Well he admitted that it wasn't the leg, but he's still +1 for the day and most likely won't make the cut. I've never been a Tiger fan, but hot damn I loved watching him play when he played well.

People that are saying he's washed up or that his career is done, are really being narrowminded. He's 35. He's still got 15 years before the senior tour. The odds of him producing wins like he has in the past are extraordinarily slim, but to say that he's "done" is being ignorant IMO.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I'd bet money today that Tiger wins another major. Washed up? Doubtful. Going through some crap and worrying less about golf? Yup. Pass Jack? Don't know. I'd be comfortable saying 2 more majors at least and maybe 10 more wins. You guys forget how WELL he plays at Augusta regardless of the state of his game.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
He's been changing his swing to find a way of relieving the pressure on his left knee. Until it works he has little choice but to continue his search. The one who has me scratching my head is Harrington...why oh why Paddy?.

Yes, yes indeed. "Oh, I won only three Majors from the last six with my swing, so I'm sure I have to change it" He was my favourite golfer ever, but come on man! What the $%&·/ did you do that for????

🔥 Latest posts