• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tiger Can't Putt Anymore

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
:)He's terrible. Two footers. Thursday he was playing with that super good amateur Cantlay and Cantlay was making 20 footers like nothing. Tiger's lost his putting mojo. Friday he played better but he's NOT going to win anything like this. He's definitely hitting his driver better and getting irons near the pin but that putting... He needs a belly putter.

D2Doug

Jul 29, 2011
he can't putt any less either, get it? If he could, he might contend again. Belly putter anyone?

D2Doug

Jul 29, 2011
I think he used the Cameron he won so many tourneys with, in the PGA, of course, that was the last tourney he played before Fry's, so he's used 2 different putters last 2 times out.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
If you're a good putter, at any level, it doesn't matter what you're using. All that matters is your own self confidence. This has been proven time and again. Geez, look at that POS thing Rock used for all those years! ;)

Tiger can't putt because Tiger doesn't believe in himself like he used to, plain and simple. He no longer goes into a tourney knowing he can't be beat.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Tiger can't putt because Tiger doesn't believe in himself like he used to, plain and simple. He no longer goes into a tourney knowing he can't be beat.

Agree. It's a hunk of metal on a stick...you can get good with any putter. Putting is almost 100% mental.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
If you're a good putter, at any level, it doesn't matter what you're using. All that matters is your own self confidence. This has been proven time and again. Geez, look at that POS thing Rock used for all those years! ;)

Are we talking about the i-Trax???

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia

While I agree for the most part here (yes, putting is an art form) there also has to be some science behind it. In this case I believe it's the putter not suiting his stroke as well as the Scotty did / does. Tiger had been using the same putter for 13 of his 14 majors (1997 masters I believe was different) and over that sort of time frame you get to know the weight and feel of a club so damn well. Ridiculously well. To the point of being confident that you are equipped with the best possible weapon to get the ball in the hole. Especially when we know what 0.1 or 0.2 degrees of open or closed face in comparison to normal can do to a ball over 6-10 feet.

I will never be swayed from the thought that Tigers biggest mistake will be switching putters. I don't and never will understand why...

Are we talking about the i-Trax???

I believe we are and although MC is right that it is an ugly looking Mo-Fo it also obviously suited Rock's stroke (and somehow his eye), making it work for him.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
... It's a hunk of metal on a stick...you can get good with any putter. Putting is almost 100% mental.

Agree. It's not the Method's fault. I've seen photos of the customization that goes into Tiger's Methods.

When any tour player has a poor year, in their stats the common theme is poor putting.

D2Doug

Jul 29, 2011
That and fairways hit. IF you can't hit the fairway,(Tiger hasn't) you can't get into scoring position, puting that much more stress on the putting game.

🔥 Latest posts