• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tiger Dumps Williams

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
If Stevie didn't see it coming and was shocked thats crappy on Tigers part. I was a bit surprised by this, doesn't seem to make any sense. This is yet another sign that "Team Tiger" is crumbling.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Good read Clug! I just wonder who he is going to get to caddy for him now. Stevie was as much enforcer as he was caddy... Guess we shall see.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
“My name should have been cleared immediately. It wasn’t and that’s what makes it even more disappointing what’s transpired."
“I never really got pardoned from that scandal so the timing of it is extraordinary. You could say I’ve wasted two years of my life.”

Sounds like a heapin' helpin' of sour grapes to me. When did Stevie become part of the scandal? Was he ever accused of pimping for Tiger?

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I can't believe some people... what a douche.

Tiger makes him super rich, and then he goes off like this... dude, you carried the man's bag, get over it.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Does anyone here really think Tiger gives a rat's butt about earning Stevie's respect back? It's funny to me that Stevie would even bring that up. Tiger could care less about anybody other than Tiger, and Stevie of all people should know that.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
From what I have read, Tiger fired Stevie for toting Scott's bag at Tiger's own tournament, the AT&T, without "asking permission" first. Supposedly, Tiger had given permission for Stevie to do so for the US Open, and Stevie didn't see the need to ask again, as circumstances had not changed vis a vis Tiger's playing. Tiger apparently saw things differently and got his panties in a wad.

Seriously reminds me of how pissed off at me my GF can get, over basically nothing.

shep3470

Apr 5, 2009
Omaha, NE
“My name should have been cleared immediately. It wasn’t and that’s what makes it even more disappointing what’s transpired."
“I never really got pardoned from that scandal so the timing of it is extraordinary. You could say I’ve wasted two years of my life.”

Sounds like a heapin' helpin' of sour grapes to me. When did Stevie become part of the scandal? Was he ever accused of pimping for Tiger?

I agree with this. When the scandal came out I think Tiger had more to worry about than his caddy, such as his wife and kids and his image. I think Stevie needs to look back on his life and think about how much he has today because of Tiger.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I think Stevie's point was that people found it hard to believe hemhad no idea and he must have been covering fir Tiger. Something along those lines.

Maybe Fluff will come back!

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I don't know. It just seems to me Stevie was like a brother to Tiger and Tiger just dumped his brother on a whim.

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
I don't know either. On one hand, I agree that Tiger made Steve a lot of money and took him on a heck of a ride. On the other hand, I had heard the rumours about Steve knowing about the affairs and lining up girls for Tiger. It could have been total internet BS, but I remember hearing it. I would feel betrayed if I were him too. He has kept his mouth shut through the whole thing, and he gets dumped just like another cheap whore. So much for the team.

🔥 Latest posts