• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tiger...friend or foe?????

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
To be quite honest, I really don't care. Tiger is Tiger and Phil is Phil. I am never going to hang out with either one of them or play 18 with either one of them so why should it bother me how they behave?

Put a camera on anyone of us for four straight days at work and your likely going to hear and see a lot worse than what you hear out of tour pros.

rob0225

Mar 27, 2006
Country
United States United States
To be quite honest, I really don't care. Tiger is Tiger and Phil is Phil. I am never going to hang out with either one of them or play 18 with either one of them so why should it bother me how they behave?

Put a camera on anyone of us for four straight days at work and your likely going to hear and see a lot worse than what you hear out of tour pros.

Heh! Put a camera on me for 4 days and you may not have anything you can air at the end of it. :)

Robert

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I saw it, heard it, was a little taken aback but understand. It was a yardage they needed to get right and a shot that needed to be struck perfect. He was trying to hang a high fade in there with a SW or LW from what I saw. If he got it perfect it should have left an uphill, 90% makeable putt. It was a risk and he either had the yardage off or hung it too high with a little too much fade, wind knocked it down a bit instead of carrying it over the bunker. It was a situation requiring back to back birdies on a course that had the leader over par for the tourney. How many back to back birds were there all tournament? Not too many, if any I'd imagine. That shot ended the Masters, so I can understand him venting a little frustration. I know we all thought we might be seeing a comeback for the ages when he stuck that fade on the back ledge of 15, an amazing shot off that lie and possibly one of the best shots I saw all week. So going from the best iron shot all week and converting to get 2 back, to putting a pured 7iron in tight and missing, to just a near perfection drive and a relatively "easy" (meaning he'd already done the hard part of the comeback) shot/yardage and blowing it... I see where he's coming from with the spouting.

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
My first reaction when I heard it was to laugh because it was one of the few times I could relate to Tiger.

The look on his face said he thought he hit a great shot so I doubt it was a mishit. If he or Steve got the yardage wrong then his response is no worse than anything I would think or say.

And I agree with Rock. If I'm making $600k to be Tigers caddie he can vent his frustration on me whenever he wants. Not sure how I'd feel about the wedge in the ass though. :laugh:

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
A caddies job is to give accurate numbers, keep up, and shut up.

Tiger seems to have flushed the shot based on his reaction, this mean the yardage could have very well been wrong. In which case Steve deserved to get his ass reamed.

gwlee7

Ho's from Rocky Mount, NC
Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2005
Well to Stevie's credit, even if he missed the yardage, he didn't let Tiger tee off with too many clubs in the bag like Woosman's caddie did in the Open a few years back. Now that would have got me to cussing.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
I don't dislike Tiger for being good and being famous. I dislike the media for turning him into some god and totally ignoring the rest of the tour. Maybe they'd just like for Tiger to play the tourneys all by himself.... :D

Brilliantly stated and if I was Tiger, I'd say to them- "why don't you go spend some time with the winner? I didn't get it done this week."

I'll bet that is the way he feels too. He's probably sick and tired of the excessive interviews after failing to win.

They have made him out to be a media God...its absurd.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Very true.

Anyone tuning in as Tiger walked up the 18th fairway would have sworn he had won. They didnt even flash to Zach when Tigers approach on 18 missed his mark making Zach the official winner. Instead we get to follow Tiger's walk. I would much rather have seen the Johnson family reaction.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Very true.

Anyone tuning in as Tiger walked up the 18th fairway would have sworn he had won. They didnt even flash to Zach when Tigers approach on 18 missed his mark making Zach the official winner. Instead we get to follow Tiger's walk. I would much rather have seen the Johnson family reaction.

I so agree.

I also hated 2 hours of Tiger's post round interview of why he DIDN'T win. GC fell on their faces there.

R35

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Brilliantly stated and if I was Tiger, I'd say to them- "why don't you go spend some time with the winner? I didn't get it done this week."

I'll bet that is the way he feels too. He's probably sick and tired of the excessive interviews after failing to win.

They have made him out to be a media God...its absurd.

Little doubt as to why he named his yaught Privacy.

Jun 24, 2006
Interesting, I heard a whole different thing.

I heard this:

"honostly, what the hell just happend here!"
"That was/is dead down wind"

hm..

I know I did see Steve walking well ahead of tiger after the shot.

artfulgolfer

Jan 8, 2007
Interesting... this thread is making Tiger the most talked about player at the Masters on this forum - just like the media is doing!

Congratulations Zack!

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Interesting... this thread is making Tiger the most talked about player at the Masters on this forum - just like the media is doing!

Congratulations Zack!

Yes and all we saw from Zach Johnson was total composure in every way the entire time...

packerguy

Jan 28, 2007
I have to disagree with those that said he was blaming his caddie also. I have it recorded on my computer and just listened to it a couple times and he says:

"what the hell happened.....honestly, what the hell just happened....DEAD downwind."

It just seems like people will find excuses to hate on other people which is kinda sad.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I distinctly heard "I thought you said downwind?" but whatever. The shot was off very, very bad to hit the middle of the bunker from 121. He went from one of the best shots I'd seen in the time I was watching (the fade into 15) to possible the worst (other than Ogilvy's drop/splash affair).

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online