• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tiger, get a grip...

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I don't know about that. Brandel Chamblee just might have a more relevant perspective on this than you do. Are you a Pro golfer? He is. Have you won a PGA Tour event? He has!
LMAO - Neither my lack of PGA experience, nor my lack of tournament wins prevents me from recognizing a stupid statement when I hear it. I happen to like most of what Brandel says when I listen to him. The comment he made was clearly a case of projection - how HE would have felt in the situation, which, as Lyle pointed out, he was never in.

LottaBalata

Jun 30, 2005
I couldnt agree more. Rocco seems like a good guy who unlike many tour pros (and amateurs as well), still has fun playing this great game.

This is exactly why I think he was still playing Monday. The other guys like Phil, Adam, Vijay, etc, look at Sunday against Tiger as real work. A chore. But Rocco even said it, "Playing against the best in the world on Sunday/Monday for the U.S.Open title. . .you can't beat it."

If the other guys would enjoy themselves as much as Rocco, they might have a chance as well.

sidewinder

Feb 8, 2007
LMAO - Neither my lack of PGA experience, nor my lack of tournament wins prevents me from recognizing a stupid statement when I hear it.
Eracer,

I am sorry, but my experience as an athlete prevents me from agreeing with you. Yes, Rocco feels great about how he performed. But, if Rocco has a competitive spirit, and I know he does, he will look back on what happened with at least some regret. No competitive person gets that close to attaining something that great without it hurting. As the 2008 US Open highlights are replayed over the years to come, Rocco will feel that pain again and again.

If you think Rocco is satisfied with losing, you don't have a clue.

S-

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Eracer,

I am sorry, but my experience as an athlete prevents me from agreeing with you. Yes, Rocco feels great about how he performed. But, if Rocco has a competitive spirit, and I know he does, he will look back on what happened with at least some regret. No competitive person gets that close to attaining something that great without it hurting. As the 2008 US Open highlights are replayed over the years to come, Rocco will feel that pain again and again.

If you think Rocco is satisfied with losing, you don't have a clue.

S-

And yet another well informed response from Carnac The Arrogant!

So, exactly how many pro tournaments have you played, and how close is your friendship with Rocco?

Members online

No members online now.