• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tiger, get a grip...

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Is it just me or do Dave's and Adam's avatars look exactly the same?

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Look, I am bowing at the alter of all things Mediate at the moment, it will soon wear off.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
oh yes, everything, right down to the bizarre weight lifting move as part of the pre-shot routine

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Lol, he is a real character, thats for sure, he lit up that event. How dull would it have been having Els or Mickelson chasing Tiger? Rocco was a revelation, particularly after 9 and 10

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Lol, he is a real character, thats for sure, he lit up that event. How dull would it have been having Els or Mickelson chasing Tiger? Rocco was a revelation, particularly after 9 and 10

I couldnt agree more. Rocco seems like a good guy who unlike many tour pros (and amateurs as well), still has fun playing this great game.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I couldnt agree more. Rocco seems like a good guy who unlike many tour pros (and amateurs as well), still has fun playing this great game.
I loved Brandel Chamblee's comment after the playoff. Something like:

"Rocco is all smiles now, but a day, a month, or even six months down the round he's going to realize that he's just an afterthought. He almost made it, and that's going to sting."

What a stupid thing to say. All anyone had to do was watch Rocco and they would realize that he knows his limitations, and knows that he played very well on the biggest stage. He's proud of what he accomplished last week, and I doubt he'll ever be anything but proud.

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
He's proud of what he accomplished last week, and I doubt he'll ever be anything but proud.
Rightly so, not only did he not crumble under the pressure but he also avoided the clubs thrown by that big meanie with the white tick on his cap.

sidewinder

Feb 8, 2007
What a stupid thing to say.
I don't know about that. Brandel Chamblee just might have a more relevant perspective on this than you do. Are you a Pro golfer? He is. Have you won a PGA Tour event? He has!

Ben Hogan had nightmares about a shot he hit into the water at the 17th in the 1960 U.S. Open until he died. And that was just one shot and he had won the U.S. Open four times already.

Rocco will certainly look back on the 2008 U.S. Open with many fond memories and a strong sense of accomplishment and satisfaction. But he will also lament what might have been.

S-

P.S. Edited to fix number of US Open wins.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
I don't know about that. Brandel Chamblee just might have a more relevant perspective on this than you do. Are you a Pro golfer? He is. Have you won a PGA Tour event? He has!

Ben Hogan had nightmares about a shot he hit into the water at the 17th in the 1960 U.S. Open until he died. And that was just one shot and he had won the U.S. Open three times already.

Rocco will certainly look back on the 2008 U.S. Open with many fond memories and a strong sense of accomplishment and satisfaction. But he will also lament what might have been.

S-

I am sure that Rocco is disappointed but at the same time Rocco seems to understand this and be able to put it into perspective. Rocco understands his game and his place. Brandel on the other hand has always thought himself far better that he really was. He was a flop on tour and that stings because his giant ego cant deal with it. Rocco is a different animal altogether, Brandel's ego would never allow him to see this though.

cabinessence

Never Say Die
Jul 28, 2005
Gimme a break. Just what kind of dream world do you people live in?

Were you all this sheltered as children?

This thread is starting to scare me.......................
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree here. I have seen people warned in junior golf tournaments (and one actually get a penalty stroke) for acting less bratty than Tiger does. It sets a poor example for people learning how to play and who want to participate in one of society's last vestiges of decorum and class. His behavior on the course isn't a deal-breaker but doesn't exactly endear himself to the viewer.

If you saw a 13-year-old throwing clubs and cursing after every marginal shot, you'd think he's a brat. It's no different when the best player in the world does it. Then again, if you curse and throw clubs, you probably think that it's normal behavior...

This isn't to say that I'm perfect or that I don't get mad on the course. I get angry and act boorish more than occasionally. But if TV cameras were on me I would try to keep things a little more buttoned up. Maybe you don't care about this stuff, but some people do. It doesn't mean we are prissy busybodies. Thats just how I was brought up to look at the game and how you act while playing it.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.