• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tiger Injured in Rollover

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
Eu7z9QTVkAAqRk4

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
The Genesis logo indicated it is a courtesy car from this past week's tourney. He was there. No more courtesy cars for him! The last time he had a bad accident was trying to escape from his first wife after she took a 3-iron to his Escalade windows. This one looks just a little more serious.

The news says he's in surgery for leg injuries. That probably settles whether or not he will play in The Masters this year.

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
My wife just showed me that she's been wearing golf-themed socks all day, since before Tiger's accident. Socks she's never worn before.

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
The Genesis logo indicated it is a courtesy car from this past week's tourney.
How long before Genesis takes credit for saving his life?

Incidentally, he was apparently driving fast and erratic. Like, angry driving.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Heard a shattered ankle in one unofficial report. Does not sound good for a guy recovering from back surgery, who knows what damage he did there.

Hoping for the best, but this sounds serious.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
This story is unreal and incredibly sad! Sounds like he’s lucky to be alive!! Thoughts and prayers going out to his family right now. Hoping for some good news soon!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
How long before Genesis takes credit for saving his life?

Incidentally, he was apparently driving fast and erratic. Like, angry driving.
News reports have said it was a "loaner" from this past weekend's tournament. One of the deputies made the statement, "He's alive because of all the modern technology that goes into these vehicles. Had it been an older model car and had he not been belted in, he would not have been so fortunate."

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Heard a shattered ankle in one unofficial report. Does not sound good for a guy recovering from back surgery, who knows what damage he did there.

Hoping for the best, but this sounds serious.
Everything I've heard is a shattered ankle and a compound fracture of a leg. No one will know for some time how the turbulence the body took during the wreck how his back will be affected. Sounds like he'll be watching the rest of this season on television.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
All I can say is wow. It's truly very sad for him, lots going on in that life! Sounds like the script for a movie with endless sequels. I hope he is not as bad as some say and that he makes a good recovery. Not sure about the possibility of future tournament golf though. If he was 21 maybe, but at 45 that was the last thing he needed.

Word up Eldrick, lots of people pulling for you right now. Get well soon dude!

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
He was late for a meeting at a course an hour a way, I guess he was supposed to give Drew Brees a lesson or something. Cops also said there were no skid marks, so he didn't even hit the brakes?

🔥 Latest posts