• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tiger lovers

charnockpro

Aug 25, 2005
For someone with the $$$ that is a great talking point buy, Is there going to be a bid though?

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
If they're authentic, those clubs would do better at a legitimate auction house, like Christies, than E-Bay.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
If they're authentic, those clubs would do better at a legitimate auction house, like Christies, than E-Bay.

I had the same thought, get some serious collectors with big bucks into the same room and let them duke it out for them, especially with the COA.

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
Perhaps Tiger will buy them back and put them in play. Go sponsorless and get the magic going again.

OP
N.V.M.

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Sep 27, 2008
i just read the whole description of the clubs by the seller and he mentions that they have round grips. i hate the ribbed grips on my TM's, makes opening or closing the face feel strange in my hands. going to get them regripped.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
I noticed that in the description it say the 58* is bent to 56* reducing the bounce. If you decrease the loft shouldn't it increase the bounce?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I noticed that in the description it say the 58* is bent to 56* reducing the bounce. If you decrease the loft shouldn't it increase the bounce?

Increase loft... increase bounce. Decrease loft... decrease bounce. Picture your sand wedge and where the bounce becomes prominent. The bounce is along the sole of the iron, increasing towards the back edge of the sole. With the wedge sitting on the floor, tilt it forward. As you tilt it forward... like taking a 58 degree to 56 or 54 degrees... you will notice how you pick up that back edge. (Or you will notice the front, leading edge getting closer to the floor surface.) Tilt it forward, decreasing the loft... decreases the bounce. Tilt it back, increasing the loft... increases the bounce.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
Increase loft... increase bounce. Decrease loft... decrease bounce. Picture your sand wedge and where the bounce becomes prominent. The bounce is along the sole of the iron, increasing towards the back edge of the sole. With the wedge sitting on the floor, tilt it forward. As you tilt it forward... like taking a 58 degree to 56 or 54 degrees... you will notice how you pick up that back edge. (Or you will notice the front, leading edge getting closer to the floor surface.) Tilt it forward, decreasing the loft... decreases the bounce. Tilt it back, increasing the loft... increases the bounce.

I had my wires crossed. For some reason my pea-sized brain was processing the word decreasing as weakening the loft...even though the numbers were right there, 58 to 56.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online