• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tiger= No joy

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Its sad. Tiger is playing a nice round right now, even through 8. But, he is not happy with anything. Its a shame. I think this is the first time I have felt bad for him. I can't imagine what is going on between his ears.

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
He's got real high expectations on this course. He's not scoring yet so of course he's not happy. I wouldn't read too much into it at this stage.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Yes a "nice" round for Tiger from our perspective could be quite different from what he wants. I can thin a gap wedge and have it finish 2 feet from the hole; what I'm concerned about is making a crappy swing.

I didn't watch three seconds of the broadcast though, so it's just general observation. BTW-- where's my 3W?!

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
You think Tiger is steamed, how would you like to be Sergio's playing competitor right about now. :1898_:

Talk about a major meltdown..................

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
Tiger is playing like any one of 100 spare pro golfers, If he's going to be number 1, he better step it up a bit.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Tiger is playing like any one of 100 spare pro golfers, If he's going to be number 1, he better step it up a bit.

You mean stay #1. I keep waiting and hoping for Phil to catch him but every time Phil has a chance... nothing.

Tiger has been made mortal. What no golfer could do, a series of affairs, tabloid reports and a seriously pissed wife have done in a matter of months. Don't get me wrong, I don't feel bad for him. But he is now mortal, still my favorite at St. Andrews though.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
a bunch of heckling in his direction today as well. So much for the mentally toughest person on the planet or whetever crap Earl use to spout.

Yangs 49 on the back was the bed shitting of the day however

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
For the record, Tiger is back!!!! What a back nine and did you see that 3-wood on 18!!!!!

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
For the record, Tiger is back!!!! What a back nine and did you see that 3-wood on 18!!!!!

I don't know if he's back for real this time or what, but that back nine was pretty damn good. That 3w was incredible, did you head Johnny Miller right before Tiger hit the shot? He said something to the effect that that was a crazy shot to try to hit.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Tiger shoots 74 today, you heard it here first. Johnson aint given this up either.

OP
Clugnut

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Tiger shoots 74 today, you heard it here first. Johnson aint given this up either.

Hope your right. Pulling hard for DJ. So, I go to church last night, and come home to find out Tiger shot 66, and the Phillies gave up a 5 run lead in the ninth to lose to the Twins. WTH?

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
The thing with Tiger is that his swing crap right now. Almost 100% relies on timing. With a timing based swing you will have days like yesterday. However they will be few and far between, and rarely happen 2 days in a row.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006

I'm kicking myself right now. For the coffee cup challenge I started with Els, Mickelson, woods and DJ. I got to thinking that nobody his age could win the US Open ,just to much pressure. SO I switched out DJ for Zach Johnson......at least they all made the cut!

🔥 Latest posts