• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tiger returning to Firestone

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I'm sure he chose this week for the "no cut" reason, that way he is assured of getting 4 competitive rounds in.

I don't know where he will finish, don't really care either, I'm just glad he's back. Golf just isnt as interesting without him.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
I think the only reason he entered the Firestone is he still needs a couple of new front tires for a banged up Cadillac Escalade.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I think he plays well enough to be on the leaderboard.

D2Doug

Jul 29, 2011
don't forget, he likes this golf course too, won 7 times I think? If his knee is good, he might very well contend. We will see what kind of start he gets on Thursday.

D2Doug

Jul 29, 2011
Well, Day 1 was a respectible -2 for Tiger, but it could have easily been +1 had he not drained 3 very long putts for par. The guys that shot 62 and 63, wow, amazing golf. Tiger's playing catch up. but so are a lot of other guys.

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Tiger's stinking up the course progressively worse each day. He's nowhere near competitive yet....

Not to be a Fisher-tater, but he is currently tied with Mickelson, and big Phil doesn't have an excuse. If he was putting like old Tiger, he would be a lot closer.

dunagan15

Aug 17, 2008
Tiger's stinking up the course progressively worse each day. He's nowhere near competitive yet....

I think he is def near competitive, maybe not from his old standars or what we are used to, but for a 3-4 month layoff he's def playing well imo.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Ok 37th this week. I see him retiring from the next Major after 18 holes after having a similar start from this week with no fairway after the first 11 holes, arguing his injury is back....

Members online

No members online now.