• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tiger to buy TM?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
I predict his custom irons will look much like the Nike blades he's been playing and will not be for sale at Dick's.
When he first signed with Titleist, his 681T irons were copies of his old Mizuno irons. As he went to Nike from Titleist, that same iron design was made available for him and carried the Nike Swoosh. There has been some minor tweaking over the years. Would assume that if you put one of his new custom Taylor Made irons up against the old 681T Hoffman forgings, you would hardly be able to tell them apart.

The 681T was available in limited sets. The OTR 681 was the last Titleist iron forged in the U.S. That model has some critical issues with chrome peeling and Titleist went to Asian forgings from then on.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I predict he'll be more competitive this year.
He's been inactive from competition... except for one limited field event... for something like 17 months. In that time, he has focused his attention on business holdings, restaurants, etc. He's also "older than dirt" on the scale of PGA prominence. Lots of really good talent in the younger generation. During his prime, his competitiveness was evidenced by his, sometimes, quick temper. That inner motivation kept him sharp and keen and determined to win. I believe after one or two events, we will know if physical talent alone is enough to propel him back to the low score on Sunday afternoons in PGA events.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
For Tiger's sake, hope he got a 30-day money back deal on those Taylor Made clubs when he picked them up at Dick's. :D

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Yep, looked rough today.
I didn't see a "smiley" after that comment, Nick!!???!!!;)

Honestly, I was really surprised at how bad his game was. It's not that I expected him to be leading the tournament after the first day. I did expect him to be in the top 10 or 15 on the leaderboard, though. He looked like he outa move up to the "geezer tees" and go play muni's somewhere. Just not the old Tiger.......

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
He has hit some good shots but he's got to get the tee game figured out or he's got zero chance to compete again.

Last edited:

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.