• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tiger vs. The Field 2009 Masters

Tiger or The Field to win the 2009 Masters?

• Tiger Woods

Votes: 25 54.3%
  • The Field

Votes: 21 45.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
Well I'm not betting ON Tiger to win... too many good players to say that. I certainly wouldn't put any money against him though ;)

BlakeDgreat

My title doesn't fit here
Jul 19, 2006
Tiger, even though he won last week, did not have his full game going for him. If he does by the time of the masters, he will win by a lot.
True, Tiger putted great this week but he couldn't hit the greens in regulation. He only hit about 50% of the fairways and had quite a few bad approach shots. Some which didn't even get on the green. Still had a lot of great approach shots on the final day, but it's Tiger and you expect him to knock it stiff on most of his approach shots. Not true this week.

What I'm saying is that if all of Tiger's game is on at the Masters, he will win. And probably by a bunch.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
When ya hand pick which minimal amount of tournaments you enter, based on field, pay out etc....it's easy to skew the numbers.

Give me a break Inda.

What about a 26% win record at all Majors he's attended.

Obviously, I pick Tiger, because I'd love to see him win.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
I want to see him win just to piss Jack off, everytime Tiger gets 1 win closer to that 18 majors record of Jacks he starts babbling & crying.

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
This tournament has one of the stronger non-major fields. It's not like he just won the John Deere Classic.

Oh really? then tell me how many of those playing in the Masters played last week at Shell?

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
Give me a break Inda.

What about a 26% win record at all Majors he's attended.

Obviously, I pick Tiger, because I'd love to see him win.

I think ya misunderstood my comment...or what I replied to...the majors were NEVER mentioned.

Someone stated he's won like 26-29% of all ...ALL tournaments hes played...my response was he is very particular about the minimal amount of tournaments he plays in...I would assume some tournaments are cherry picked due to play for Pay deals, courses that suit his game, players that don't...etc.

I am not saying he's not a great, or even not the greatest player out there now...I think he is.

But I also believe much of the attention and exaggerated press is due to so many people who cannot see past the image.

JasonMacIsaac

Titleist and Cleveland
Feb 23, 2005
Stuart Appleby would be my bet the way the odds are opening up at 66/1. Stewart Cink at 55/1 is pretty good value. Tigers not even getting 2/1 on his money, not even worth putting a bet. Phil at 6/1 is so much better value.

10 on Phil
10 on Appleby
10 on Cink

Hell looking at it, Vijay is getting 33/1. I would probably also put 10 dollars on that. Vijay always plays well there.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Like has been said, I voted for the field but Tiger winning won't surprise me.

BlakeDgreat

My title doesn't fit here
Jul 19, 2006
Stuart Appleby would be my bet the way the odds are opening up at 66/1. Stewart Cink at 55/1 is pretty good value. Tigers not even getting 2/1 on his money, not even worth putting a bet. Phil at 6/1 is so much better value.

10 on Phil
10 on Appleby
10 on Cink

Hell looking at it, Vijay is getting 33/1. I would probably also put 10 dollars on that. Vijay always plays well there.

How in the world did you come up with these odds?

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Tiger hasn't won the Masters in a couple of years. He's back on track. He wants to win the Masters so he WILL win the Masters. He seems to be able to will things to happen. I loved Miller's comment before Tiger made that long par saving putt... "he's got that predator look in his eyes"... :D

Have you ever seen so many clutch putts in a row? Putting wins tournaments and this guy can PUTT!! :)

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I think ya misunderstood my comment...or what I replied to...the majors were NEVER mentioned.

Someone stated he's won like 26-29% of all ...ALL tournaments hes played...my response was he is very particular about the minimal amount of tournaments he plays in...I would assume some tournaments are cherry picked due to play for Pay deals, courses that suit his game, players that don't...etc.

I am not saying he's not a great, or even not the greatest player out there now...I think he is.

But I also believe much of the attention and exaggerated press is due to so many people who cannot see past the image.

Ah, for once in my life, I didn't read enough into a statement, :D Apologies.

I still think he's awesome through and through.

nc2tarheels

Mar 15, 2009
Tiger hasn't won the Masters in a couple of years. He's back on track. He wants to win the Masters so he WILL win the Masters. He seems to be able to will things to happen. I loved Miller's comment before Tiger made that long par saving putt... "he's got that predator look in his eyes"... :D

Have you ever seen so many clutch putts in a row? Putting wins tournaments and this guy can PUTT!! :)

I totally disagree when people say this. It makes NO SENSE at all. I mean, truthfully, the years previously, he didn't "want" to win? I don't buy into all that nonsense. I still think he has a great shot at winning and wouldn't bet against him, but it's these kind of statements that irk me. What about last year when Kobe Bryant "wanted" to win the championship? You see him "will" his way all the time....you think he just didn't want it? I doubt it.

🔥 Latest posts