• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tiger Woods at the Masters: 'I Can Walk All Day. The Hard Part Is Bending and Twisting'

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
Embed from Getty Images

TIGER WOODS' REIGN AS DEFENDING Masters champion will end on Sunday when he slips the Green Jacket over the shoulders of ... ?

On Saturday night, it sure looks like it will be Dustin Johnson, who shot a 65 on moving day to open up a 4-shot lead on three talented non-major winners named Im, Ancer and Smith.

Johnson showed his World No. 1 prowess on Saturday. Frankly, DJ made it look rather easy. November Masters is a poor substitute for April Masters, especially after so much rain.

Meanwhile, Tiger's Masters title defense stalled in a third round that added up to a lackluster 72.

USA Today's Steve DiMeglio reported on the physical toll:

While [Tiger Woods] looked limber and fit while completing the second round under overcast skies and in brisk temperatures, Woods looked stiff and troubled starting late on the front nine of his third round. He looked to be in pain as he removed balls from the holes and picked up tees after letting loose with his tee shots. He grimaced on occasion. Toward the end of the round, however, Woods looked a tad better.

"These are long days," said Woods, who won his fifth green jacket and 15th major championship last year at Augusta National. "I had my day off yesterday, which was nice. Today was not the case. We've been at it for quite some time. It's just part of the deal. If you have long days like this, I'm going to get a little bit sore, which I definitely am.

"I can walk all day. The hard part is bending and twisting. I think that's part of the game, though, and so that's always been the challenge with my back issues and I guess will always continue to be."​

The Masters will conclude earlier than usual on Sunday. Beginning at 7:50 a.m. Eastern time, threesomes will go off both 1 and 10. The last groups tee off at 9:30 a.m.

Will DJ finally don the Green Jacket?​

Source: Tiger Woods at the Masters: 'I Can Walk All Day. The Hard Part Is Bending and Twisting'

🔥 Latest posts