• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tiger Woods car crash?

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
*chuckles* Its amazing.... a golfer screws around and it causes an uproar... Bill Clinton does it and after lying to a grand jury, makes millions.

Good point.

I'd be curious what percentage of the haters that have been ripping tiger for 27 pages in this thread defended Bill Clinton back then. After all its just about sex and its a private matter between him and his family.

Tiger should follow the Bill Clinton model. Come out tomorrow, hold a televised speech, take no questions, admit to nothing and tell the world that he's done talking about it and he is getting back to the business of winning golf tournaments.

Much like Clinton, those who hated him prior to this will continue to hate him and those who viewed him positively prior will be right back with him so long as he keeps on winning and making the impossible seem easy.

Deep down people are very forgiving and I think many of you will be surprised, and might I say pissed off, when Tiger's popularity returns in short order.

Remember, Sex Sells.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Good point.

I'd be curious what percentage of the haters that have been ripping tiger for 27 pages in this thread defended Bill Clinton back then. After all its just about sex and its a private matter between him and his family.

Tiger should follow the Bill Clinton model. Come out tomorrow, hold a televised speech, take no questions, admit to nothing and tell the world that he's done talking about it and he is getting back to the business of winning golf tournaments.

Much like Clinton, those who hated him prior to this will continue to hate him and those who viewed him positively prior will be right back with him so long as he keeps on winning and making the impossible seem easy.

Deep down people are very forgiving and I think many of you will be surprised, and might I say pissed off, when Tiger's popularity returns in short order.

Remember, Sex Sells.

You absolutely CANNOT compare the world's #1 golfer to the leader of the free world.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Good point.

Remember, Sex Sells.

Ehh, can't compare. Both of them are idiots. I don't care what Tiger does. He can shove it up Stevie's rear end for all I care.

He's losing sponsers because he said he's not going to golf. They can't spend money on something they aren't getting back for him not playing. When he comes back, he'll get the sponsers back.

He's hiding like a girl, and needs to man up and come out of his cave. Maybe jumping up and down on Oprahs couch would work.

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
He's hiding like a girl, and needs to man up and come out of his cave. Maybe jumping up and down on Oprahs couch would work.

This I agree with 50%. F-Oprah and the rest of the TV commentators. Perhaps the Golf Channel if any media outlet. If it were me I'd be practicing my ass off and I would play every tournament of the Hawaii, California and Florida swings. That's the way you shut this down. Go out, Play and Win.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I did not support Clinton, and I'm not going to support Cheetah. It doesn't matter who the celebrity or sports figure is, if you screw up, be prepared to pay the price. Clinton may have made millions after the blue dress incident but his legacy will forever be tainted, or stained like the blue dress. Cheetah may break Jack's record, but his image is forever tarnished. He may come back and win every tournament he enters, but he will never enjoy the fan base he once had. If he wins the sponsors will come calling again, but I seriously doubt the contracts will be as big as they were prior to all this. He can try to portray the squeaky clean image he had, but the majority of the world will never fully trust him again.

Just like Fisher was curious how many people supported Clinton, I am curious about something. Exactly what would Cheetah have to do before his rabid fans dropped him? Obviously cheating on his wife with 14 women wasn't enough. We will never know if he used PED's, the PGA will do everything in their power to cover that up. They have seen the hit MLB took over the issue. And Lord knows, the PGA put way more eggs in the Cheetah basket than MLB did in the homerun basket. The PGA mortgaged its future on the Cheetah. I mean come on, even in light of all this, turn on the Golf Channel, they are still showing the top 10 Cheetah this and that. So seriously, how many people would Cheetah have to kill before his rabid fans threw their hands up in the air and said enough?

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
This I agree with 50%. F-Oprah and the rest of the TV commentators. Perhaps the Golf Channel if any media outlet. If it were me I'd be practicing my ass off and I would play every tournament of the Hawaii, California and Florida swings. That's the way you shut this down. Go out, Play and Win.

Fisher, this is one of those times where we actually agree. You're spot on (IMO).

The whole "just come out & give us an interview so you can come clean" is a media con. Of course they want Tiger to give an interview (Cha-ching go the ratings/newspaper sales).

I don't believe that Tiger owes me one word of explanation. Yes, I paid AUD$50 for an overpriced TW baseball cap at the Australian Masters when he played there in November 09. No, I don't suddenly feel ripped off b/c Tiger has cheated on his wife. No, I haven't started to tear down my Tiger Woods posters (never had any). No, I don't cry myself to sleep over it.

I don't want Tiger's apology. I don't want Tiger's explanation. Before the blow-up with his wife, I simply viewed TW as the world's No. 1 golfer. After the blow-up my view hasn't changed.

Yep, he needs to go out & play & win. Yep, he should turn up at Hawaii as his first event. Perhaps there would be less prospect of a circus erupting there than if he returned at a tournament on the mainland U.S.

When Tiger comes out to play again, nothing (with me) will have changed. I'll still be cheering for Harrington, Scott & Ogilvy. .... but it'll be more fun if they're jousting with TW on the final day (A la YE Yang at the PGA). Just my 2c worth.

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Sep 27, 2008
it was bound to happen, Tiger, the movie. i can hardly wait to slo-mo Elin's wedge upside the head!

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
F I'll still be cheering for Harrington, Scott & Ogilvy. .... but it'll be more fun if they're jousting with TW on the final day (A la YE Yang at the PGA). Just my 2c worth.

I'll be chearing for Harrington, Ogilvy and MCIlroy. Scott sucks way too much no OZ love in there hehehe

Kumabjorn

Oct 30, 2009
A Mexican woodpecker and a Canadian woodpecker were in Mexico arguing
about which country had the toughest trees.

The Mexican woodpecker claimed Mexico had a tree that no woodpecker could peck.
The Canadian woodpecker accepted his challenge and promptly pecked a hole
in the tree with no problem. The Mexican woodpecker was amazed.

The Canadian woodpecker then challenged the Mexican woodpecker to peck a
tree in Canada that was absolutely 'impeckable' (a term frequently used by
woodpeckers ). The Mexican woodpecker expressed confidence that he could do
it and accepted the challenge.

The two of them flew to Canada where the Mexican woodpecker successfully
pecked the so-called 'impeckable' tree almost without breaking a sweat.

Both woodpeckers were now terribly confused. How is it that the Canadian
woodpecker was able to peck the Mexican tree, and the Mexican woodpecker
was able to peck the Canadian tree, yet neither was able to peck the tree
in their own country?

After much woodpecker pondering, they both came to the same conclusion:
Apparently,Tiger Woods was right when he said your pecker gets harder
when you're away from home.

🔥 Latest posts