• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tiger Woods' cub is a chip off the old block, says Ian Poulter

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Tiger flew to Ireland last Sunday to play in a Pro Am. Away from the madding crowd, the unforgiving paparazzi and the inquisitive press, picture Tiger Woods in the role of proud dad, flicking open his mobile to show off the golf swing of his 15-month-old son Charlie to his fellow pros. This was the Tiger no-one outside the inner circle ever gets to see. In the Dunraven Arms in Adare on Monday evening they watched Charlie’s swing in awe.

“His lad's swing is quite incredible,” said Ian Poulter. “The grip, the swing, it's all incredible. Given those genes I reckon we've got about 13 years left to win majors. By the time he's 15, he will probably be winning the Masters by about 25 shots.”

That's pretty cool.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
So I guess Sam is just a girl, so nothing?

Are we sure Tiger isn't a member of the "Peaceful Religion"?

johnnymo

Jun 18, 2010
That is a pretty neat story. I am by no means a huge Tiger fan but I would be lying if I said he has not been fun to watch over the years. His comercials in particular have been some of the best around and this little story reminds me of one of my favorites. They edited in some clips of a very young Tiger on the course with the coverage of a British Open (St. Andrews and a win if my memory serves me right.) Towards the end of the clip little Tiger chips in and does a little dance which has me cracking up everytime I see it.

I would be very excited to see one of his children excell in the sport.

As a side note I think the peaceful religion was in reference to islam, as it is sometimes called the religion of peace. I think that it is a self named moniker that has been picked up by some of our media here. As much as I would love to have a discussion on that subject, I will respect the boards rules and leave it at that.

john

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
For the kid's sake, let's hope Elin keeps him far away from the golf clubs. Let him have his childhood as close to "normal" as possible. To push him like TW was pushed, will see him robbed of his childhood and having the propensity to make some of the same errors his dad made.
As far as the game of golf, I would hope he makes no better splash than any of Jack's kids or Arnie's kids, etc. One of Arnie's grandsons is on tour but won't ever have the success of his granddad. If the kid does take an interest, the game will be far better served to have him make a good living but not be the celebrity his father was. If this kid is pushed to follow in his dad's footsteps, he will hear... often... the stories of his dad's cheating ways. He will live under a microscope. Won't be a particularly good thing for the game or for him if we have a repeat of someone thinking they are bigger than the game itself.
In the meantime, let's just hope he doesn't start shaggin' the classmates in preschool.

🔥 Latest posts