• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tiger Woods = Idiot.

TheWOAT

Sep 26, 2006
At least according to a writer with the SF CHronicle.

A golfing genius takes a dumb step
Tiger Woods is an idiot. A mesmerizing, peerless, incandescent idiot.

If he'd used his head at all, he would never have entered the U.S. Open last week with a double stress fracture and a torn ligament in his left leg. Woods marched 21 miles over the longest layout in Open history, playing five rounds and 24 hours of spellbinding golf, repeatedly wincing before he could plant a ritual smooch on the side of the coveted trophy Monday afternoon. Then, two days later, he had to kiss the rest of his season goodbye.

I get that she is trying to help sell papers, or get website "clicks", but this opinion seems extreme and weak. She would fit in great with ESPN. Using Jerry Rice as an example of a knee injury is lame as well, Rice shredded his knee when Warren Sapp dragged him down from the side (maybe from behind as well). What the writer forgets to mention is that Rice came back with the Raiders to perform at a high level for a few seasons...

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
I am having difficulty trying to figure out which bit of her anatomy I want to kick first.

King Par

Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2007
I sent her an e-mail. I can't wait to see her reply. What a complete moron.

OP
T

TheWOAT

Sep 26, 2006
I should have added that Me = Idiot because I even bothered to read her column. I think her previous column praises Tiger for playing hurt.

IMO, its Tiger's body, and he wants to risk his future for todays glory, its his business, his decision. He assumes all risk and all reward. I have yet to read a column bashing a football, baseball, or basketball player for playing injured in "the big game" or playoffs.. most often those athletes are praised for toughing it out, or giving it up for the team. Since golf isnt a team sport, I guess there is no greater good to play for, but I respect a person who lives in the 'now' and doesnt assume next years performance and abilities.

A decent example is Robb Nenn, ex relief pitcher for the Giants. During the 2002 season, Nenn had arm issues and needed surgery and rehab, but decided to pitch hurt through the playoffs and World Series. Giants, of course, didnt win, and Nenn basically ruined his career but throwing his arm out... but Nenn is often praised in the media around here for his sacrifice. He could have saved his arm, but that would have ended the Giants world series hopes. And I dont think Knapp called him an idiot.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Its Tiger's life.

Not to mention, he's already said that Torrey holds a special place for him.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.