• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tiger Woods, my conclusion...

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Ok, I think we all have a pretty good picture of the situation.

I have found his on course behavior to be childish in general and this season in particular I have concluded that Tiger is a douche bag.

It's one thing to have all that money and whore around ala Derek Jeter but it is something else to be married and a father then go ahead and screw everything that moves with zero regard for your family.

If he wins every major from now until the end of time it will be but a footnote to the way chose to live his life.

I cannot imagine regarding tiger with anything but disdain aver again.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
I think a fair number of folks are starting to feel the same way. It may not be completely fair to lump his private life in with his golf, but that's the way it is. He is the one who kept up the ruse of being the perfect family man, damn near saintly. How could any golf announcer ever interview him after a win & not think "what a damn dirt bag"?

OP
Slingblade61

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Fair?

One or two indiscretions could possibly be forgiven.

A dozen (that we know about) or more is a scum bag with no regard at all for his wife and (worse) children.

He is a child, not a man.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I have never hidden the fact that I resented his "saintly" image and the media's love affair with him. But I had to admit he is a helluva a golfer. But now, in the light of all this my only hope is that his indefinite hiatus is long enough that when he does come back there is no chance of him ever catching Jack's record of majors. The man formerly known as Tiger, now known as Cheetah is not worthy of the prestige that would come with breaking Jack's record of majors.

cheymike

Nov 11, 2009
Tiger has said he is leaving golf for an indefinite time so he can work on his failings. He owes apologies to no one but his family and friends. If he gets his act together and earns THEIR forgiveness then I hope he comes back to golf a changed man, and kicks butt like he has in the past. If he doesn't, I hope he never sets foot on a golf course again. It isn't anyone's place to judge him but those he injured through his actions.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
I didn't quite phrase that correctly, I personally feel it's completely fair to lump his private life in with his public one since it's we the public who have allowed him to become the rich bastard he is. Some others feel it's not fair to lump the 2 together & in certain cases that may be true. But in the cases of rich spoiled athletes & politicians, sorry you guys don't get a pass.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
He owes apologies to no one but his family and friends.

It isn't anyone's place to judge him but those he injured through his actions.

I disagree 115% on both of those sentences. He has hurt every single one of his fans, the golfing community which has put so much emphasis on him, his sponsors & finally the public which buys the products he endorses.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I disagree 115% on both of those sentences. He has hurt every single one of his fans, the golfing community which has put so much emphasis on him, his sponsors & finally the public which buys the products he endorses.

Absolutely.

And, until the time when he comes forward and realizes that he is a complete douche and changes his life for the better, he will continue to have that stigma attached to him at full bore. And, even then, he will always stink to some degree as a man who valued himself over his family, his fans and all those that supported him when others questioned his actions.

As far as I'm concerned, Tiger can sleep in the bed he's made. I don't feel sorry for him one bit, media attention or not.

R35

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007

Exactly, he has made a very large fortune off the image that he was superhuman athlete and the squeaky clean image the media portrayed him in, that he perpetuated. Had he at some time out and said, hey, I'm nothing but an athlete, I don't want to be a role model, like Charles Barkley did, this wouldn't be so bad. But the very fact that he set himself up to be some saintly person and role model, and then find out about all this, and who knows what else is out there. And to add insult to injury, he issues that lame apology, obviously written by his lawyers, on his website. Pick up the phone Cheetah, call the Golf Channel and do an impromptu interview.

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
Has he ever really set himself up as a saint? I mean he has the foundation for kids and all that stuff, but has he ever perpetuated this image of holiness? He doesn't hesitate to cuss like a sailor on the course, won't answer any questions about his personal life, hides behind closed doors when not on the course other than an occasional trip to a basketball game or charity event...what has HE done to build himself up as anything other than a golfer? He's rude to reporters, cocky in interviews...I just haven't seen any evidence of him putting out this holier-than-thou image that so many have bestowed upon him.

Realize that I'm not justifying his actions by any stretch of the imagination. Douchebag no doubt, and I hope Elin really did beat the shit out of him with a golf club. I'm just a bit confused about so many talking about this fall from grace, like he ever pretended to be anything other than a great golfer. I never saw that. I THOUGHT that, but now that this junk has come to light in retrospect I don't think he ever made me think that through his words or actions. I just kind of adopted that mindset like everyone else.

So where does this fall - Wilt Chamberlain, Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan...what do we remember them for? Infidelity and greatness at their craft, I suppose. I wouldn't have been able to pull those names out of my butt if the stain didn't stick right along with their achievements.

I'll bet there are a lot of people at Nike that have to work this weekend. Any guesses as to who they'll hang their hat on for the next few months?

I'm betting Tiger will be back on the course before the Open.

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
do i see a left handed #1 player in the world soon?

If so just put a giant "*" next to it. Its interesting to read these responses to say the least. Talk about pompus. What's that saying about casting the first stone. How many of you would have in your 20s and early 30s have been able to resist the temptations that were offered to Tiger.

Second if you think your favorite player including the left handed wonder isn't boinking women all over the globe, I've got news for you. I'd be willing to bet that more than half the married guys on tour are boinking all sorts of women on the road.

Ultimately I think a lot of the Tiger hate that I read is more about the hater's own jelousy than anything else.

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
do i see a left handed #1 player in the world soon?

Wouldn't be a big stretch the way he's been playing lately. I've never been a Phil fan, but he's certainly turned it on in the last couple of events.

I was kind of hoping Duval would make a grand comeback, until he tanked at Q-school.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Has he ever really set himself up as a saint? I mean he has the foundation for kids and all that stuff, but has he ever perpetuated this image of holiness? He doesn't hesitate to cuss like a sailor on the course, won't answer any questions about his personal life, hides behind closed doors when not on the course other than an occasional trip to a basketball game or charity event...what has HE done to build himself up as anything other than a golfer? He's rude to reporters, cocky in interviews...I just haven't seen any evidence of him putting out this holier-than-thou image that so many have bestowed upon him.

Realize that I'm not justifying his actions by any stretch of the imagination. Douchebag no doubt, and I hope Elin really did beat the shit out of him with a golf club. I'm just a bit confused about so many talking about this fall from grace, like he ever pretended to be anything other than a great golfer. I never saw that. I THOUGHT that, but now that this junk has come to light in retrospect I don't think he ever made me think that through his words or actions. I just kind of adopted that mindset like everyone else.

So where does this fall - Wilt Chamberlain, Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan...what do we remember them for? Infidelity and greatness at their craft, I suppose. I wouldn't have been able to pull those names out of my butt if the stain didn't stick right along with their achievements.

I'll bet there are a lot of people at Nike that have to work this weekend. Any guesses as to who they'll hang their hat on for the next few months?

I'm betting Tiger will be back on the course before the Open.

Here is his endorsement of the Cliffs in North Carolina, Tiger's design golf course and country club....

“With a wife and two kids, your perspective in life changes,” Woods says in a video on the development's Web site. “I want to have my kids experience something like this. I want to be able to bring them up here and feel safe, feel secure -- enjoy running the trails and being a part of nature like this. Because your priorities start changing and evolving once you have a family and I want to come up here as often as I possibly can.”
Woods goes on to say that “one of the things that has drawn me to this is the fact that I can bring my family here. We'll be here a lot.”

He puts on a facade of pureness, but he's just a self centered douchebag.

I don't know how anyone could defend this. (Not saying that you are...).

R35

🔥 Latest posts