• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tiger Woods, my conclusion...

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Just as a question: does anybody think maybe there is a racist theme behind all this? Maybe a media feeding by those people near the tour who couldn't cope up with an Afroamerican beating EVERY other golfer in the world?

Oh please Xamilo .... I enjoy 99% of your posts but this really steams me. I can't stand it when the race card is played without a shred of credible evidence. Worse still is it's a signal for lunatics to crawl out of their holes & fill up the next 10 pages aggressively arguing it back & forth before the administrator mercifully locks the thread.

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Sep 27, 2008
Maybe a media feeding by those people near the tour who couldn't cope up with an Afroamerican beating EVERY other golfer in the world?

i think its probably because Tiger is the biggest sports star on the planet. so well known that his popularity/fame has crossed over into the mainstream of the public eye. and now that double edged sword effect is taking place.

Kumabjorn

Oct 30, 2009
Another perspective that may be in play... Elin's mother is an elected official in Sweden. She's governor of a province over there. A lot of the "damage control" may be for her sake. Let's say one of our elected officials was known to be the mother-in-law or father-in-law of Tiger Woods. There may have been some corporate appearances, etc. arranged to garner votes. Now... that elected official is having to admit her claim to fame is tarnished merchandise. When does she come up for re-election? If Elin just leaves TW and moves back to Sweden, will the "star power" that assisted in the election to office be diminished?

There may be forces, other than just the kids, pushing Elin to make this work... at least in the public
eye.

Being the governor of a county in Sweden is an appointment by the cabinet. She used to be a cabinet minister during the previous reign. Since she wasn't a career politician the newly elected government offered her the post as governor. The TW affair in no way affects her position within the Swedish administrative system.

Now, for my own take on this.

His announcement of a hiatus (time-out?) is most likely a very sincere attempt to correct and mend his relationship with his wife. Despite his philandering, I actually believe that he loves her. I have been told, that she was very hesitant in accepting his proposal, partly because she knew of his "partying" (he promised her to stop that) and partly because she did not want to be perceived as a gold-digger. Her twin sister Josefin, is a Law School graduate in Sweden, and Elin is a voracious reader, despite being blond. She was acutely aware that it would be too easy to cast her in the role of a blond bimbo attached to Tiger's earning potential.

As for his golf, I think that his focus on earning 19 majors will be exponentially stronger. He would prefer to win 5 straight majors and then remove himself from the public eye. That however, will be almost inhuman, because there will be soooo many people rooting against him now that not any amount of security could stop them.

TheWOAT

Sep 26, 2006
Good point about assuming drug use and roids and I think you are dead on about that. I pretty much have given up watching baseball after all the allegations and truths came out about roid use. I have even lost interest in football to some extent, I just can't get interested in it as much as I used to.

I think a large part of the problem for athletes and especiall athletes at the highest level of either HS, college or pro level is that they have been adored and catered to their whole lives. They don't necessarily grow up and learn to be an adult and why would they? They are handed everything from an early age and have people that take care of everything from grades to bill paying once they get older. They don't learn to handle the everyday CRAP that all of us go through.

I have heard the same thing about guys who are supposedly the "good guys" and if you ever listen to ESPN radio w/ Colin Cowherd he says as much almost every day. I guess one of the parts that bothers me the most is that now I will wonder about everybody on the PGA Tour. Is Phil who he has made himself out to be? Who knows for sure?

I try not to listen to ESPN, but locally, on KNBR, the hosts werent too hard on Tiger(except for the voicemail), and discussed percentages instead. For basketball, baseball, football, the numbers they threw around were around 90 percent. These guys all traveled with sports teams at some point in their careers, and didnt seem to be surprised by Tiger's actions. Golf might be lower, but its still rich guys, on the road, with alot of temptations.

One story I heard recently was on Bob Hope, a guy with a clean image, USO, avid golfer etc etc. Long story short, Bob Hope would appear anywhere if you promised him there would be a group of decent hookers in his hotel room. And it all makes sense when you realize that he and Arnie were tight.

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
I'm wondering how his ego is going to handle him getting booed at his first event. You know it's gonna happen, and he's probably never had that happen on a golf course in his life.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Oh please Xamilo .... I enjoy 99% of your posts but this really steams me. I can't stand it when the race card is played without a shred of credible evidence. Worse still is it's a signal for lunatics to crawl out of their holes & fill up the next 10 pages aggressively arguing it back & forth before the administrator mercifully locks the thread.

The NAACP has already come out and said that Tiger has alienated the African American community by only sleeping with white women.

If you want to speak about lunatics, it comes from all sides of the table.

I personally do not think race played any part in this, but it's a viable question.

R35

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007

Oh, don't get me wrong. I don't think it has ANYTHING to do with this. I just read something regarding such (comparing Tiger and Clinton) and wanted to know what were your thoughts around such issue, because I am expecting it to come shortly in the most stupid way possible. Don't blame me for it!! Please!!!!! :D (We still don't have smilies? This thing sucks!!! hehehe)

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
The racial narrative perpetuated by the media in this country is that white people all, consistently, and horribly, want to put down the black man. So if the media was playing some kind of race game (they usually are), this would be contrary to the general direction they take.

Raise your hand if you really care how many affairs Tiger has had...?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
For real? Your not yanking my chain?

I am not yanking anything. Those retards (and I apologize to anyone who is mentally challenged, as I don't want to lump you in with this group of societal rejects) would have a press conference against Crayola if a black crayon went missing out of a box. Racists in their own right, I can't stand that shit.

R35

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
The racial narrative perpetuated by the media in this country is that white people all, consistently, and horribly, want to put down the black man. So if the media was playing some kind of race game (they usually are), this would be contrary to the general direction they take.

Raise your hand if you really care how many affairs Tiger has had...?

So could this be why Phil (a white man) had such big cans for all these years? An elaborate white plot to distract Tiger. Now that we know Tiger is a huge fan of sloppy white titty this is indeed plausible. Think about it...................................

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Hmmm, I'm not sure they all had sloppy milky white titties, that Rachel has a lovely pair and a nice ass to boot

OP
Slingblade61

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Today we hear Tiger was visiting a doc in Canada for PED's.

Could those course outbursts have been 'roid rage'?

What will be next?

🔥 Latest posts