• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tiger Woods PGA 2006

GolfingElectrician

Aug 13, 2005
I just bought Tiger Woods 2006 for the PS2 and I was just wanting everyone to know that (personally) I feel this is the best golf game to ever be played. You get to go back in time to the times when all the old stars used to play. But the main thing that is so much nicer is that you dont just go say 1 foot right 1 foot short, you actually have to read the green yourself with the grid that is on the green.

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
I'm glad they moved to the grid system - the other way was f'in retarded.

LottaBalata

Jun 30, 2005
I picked it up over the weekend. . .I also like the new format. I haven't even played '05 yet. I was stuck playing '04--I really like the '04 version. But the new putting style with the grid is definitely more difficult and more realistic. In the '04, with the caddie hints--putts were too easy. It's a fun game, I also like the "old time" section of the game.

Jay McNasty

High Altitude Hacker
Aug 22, 2005
I've been playing it too. While I'm glad they added four-ball, best ball and alternate shot playing formats, it takes friggin forever to play a round when it's me vs 3 other computer hacks. Not only are they not good, you can't skip through the silly post shot dances and charades. I'm glad to see some of the different lies playing a little more heavily on the outcome of the shot as well. For instance, you can't play a driver out of the fairway anymore to get on in 2 from 270yds out. The putting is cool. The PGA Tour events aren't easily dominated early in the season. The first event I played, I posted a -22 and still only came in 16th place. That's usually good for first in the first 6 months of the tour in the 05 version.

🔥 Latest posts