• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tiger's effect on golf

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Well, if Tiger makes it to the Masters, this will be what he's wearing.

11070175_10152928777046676_1371980270619048724_n.jpg

Can say one thing, someone picks out great clothes for him!

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
It wouldn't surprise me if Arnie and even Jack had an indiscretion or two in their lifetime.

That is what sucks in today's society. People years ago may have thought the same things, but there was no audience for their opinions. Even if you do things the right way in today's world, there is a stage for everyone to put their opinions out to the world.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
That is what sucks in today's society. People years ago may have thought the same things, but there was no audience for their opinions. Even if you do things the right way in today's world, there is a stage for everyone to put their opinions out to the world.
My point being that I could care less. I watch Tiger for golf. I don't get my morals from him or anything else on TV. I often hear, Tiger is great but he cheated on his wife. Like he's the first to ever do it.

I'm 36 and by far the biggest stories, other than 9/11, have been sex scandals. First Clinton/Lewinsky. That was all that was in the news at the time. Radio, TV and print. Internet was still fairly new than, no Facebook or Twitter. Then the Tiger scandal. 5 years later and people still bring it up.

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I like golf for golf. There are good players and great players... I don't care what any of them do off the course. If they all smoke Crack together in the parking lot beforehand, great. If not, my put is not gonna change its course based on their actions. What they do has no effect on my game.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
One of the effects Tiger has had on golf is the same effect MJ did on basketball. Just raising the bar way higher and changing the game to the point where people had to step up or step off. He made "golfers" become "athletes". I contend that the average basketball player now is the equal or better than a lot of yester-year's real good players. That's because of Michael Jordan. Same deal in golf with Tiger.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I might sound like a Tiger Fan bois by saying this (but I'm not). I believe one effect is Tiger has made many golf fans lazy. By that I mean, tiger was that good and he won so regularly, golf fans came to think that that was to be expected. I always said that Tiger was a freak, the likes of which we may not see again.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
I might sound like a Tiger Fan bois by saying this (but I'm not). I believe one effect is Tiger has made many golf fans lazy. By that I mean, tiger was that good and he won so regularly, golf fans came to think that that was to be expected. I always said that Tiger was a freak, the likes of which we may not see again.
Fan boy.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country

Yeah, I bet he wears red and black every Sunday.

🔥 Latest posts