• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tiggy retires from The Players

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Tiger Woods withdraws from Players Championship on Hole 7 of final round with back injury - ESPN

He says he's been injured for a month approximately

So...

For Tiger haters... He is faking his injury and trying to justify his horrible play last week. He's gotten into the worst attitude possible. What could be worst than this? Grow Up Tiggy!!!!! (Or start hanging out with Sergio who is the closest to you possible at this moment)

For Fisher, eh, I mean, Tiger Lovers: No wonder he didn't win the Masters, Quail, and Players together with 30 under par! That's why he missed the cut and almost did as well this week. None would be talking about McIlroy or Mickelson if his week would have been alright...

For Rational People: Maybe his injury did bring his game down as we saw last week, but there is indeed something weird about his "month old injury", specially since he started playing A MONTH AGO exactly. Why did he started playing in a date everyone criticised if he was injured anyway when he started? Why then he complained about not playing his best at the Mayors if he knew he was injured anyway?

Any comments?

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Tiger Woods withdraws from Players Championship on Hole 7 of final round with back injury - ESPN

He says he's been injured for a month approximately

So...

For Tiger haters... He is faking his injury and trying to justify his horrible play last week. He's gotten into the worst attitude possible. What could be worst than this? Grow Up Tiggy!!!!! (Or start hanging out with Sergio who is the closest to you possible at this moment)

For Fisher, eh, I mean, Tiger Lovers: No wonder he didn't win the Masters, Quail, and Players together with 30 under par! That's why he missed the cut and almost did as well this week. None would be talking about McIlroy or Mickelson if his week would have been alright...

For Rational People: Maybe his injury did bring his game down as we saw last week, but there is indeed something weird about his "month old injury", specially since he started playing A MONTH AGO exactly. Why did he started playing in a date everyone criticised if he was injured anyway when he started? Why then he complained about not playing his best at the Mayors if he knew he was injured anyway?

Any comments?

I'm at a loss with what to think about Tiger at this point. I can't remember seeing somebody falling so far, from so high to so low. He looks like a mess on the course, at least he did last week, didn't see him much this week. Obviously his personal life is a mess, I just don't know.

OP
xamilo

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
I'm at a loss with what to think about Tiger at this point. I can't remember seeing somebody falling so far, from so high to so low. He looks like a mess on the course, at least he did last week, didn't see him much this week. Obviously his personal life is a mess, I just don't know.

One of the best things about yestarday's round was ESPN HD took 90% of the time showing the guys who were ON TOP, and we actually had the chance to see Allenby, Mollinary and Westwood most of the time!

thekid65

Jan 2, 2009
I'm not buying this crap one bit. Dude played a US Open with a bad/cracked bone in his leg, and played well. Sure, his neck may be hurting...but if he was playing well, he would not have withdrawn...he would have played through the pain. Made for an easy out for him. He neds to get his head straight before playing another tourney.

xamilo...same with the golf channel...they showed all the players on Thus/Fri. and didnt strictly focus on Tiger/Phil. It was quite nice.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
So THIS is how it's going to be, Cam!? I report to you, then you report to the forum!? :p

We can only speculate about Tiger's intent. Maybe he was trying to play through an injury. I did that for three days about three weeks ago, which is the last time I was able to swing a club more than 20 times a day. Since then I've made less than 40 swings trying to let my body recover. I'm going NUTS not playing.

That anecdote is an attempt to illustrate the nature of injury. One might be on the verge of injury, but swinging in such a way that they're not stressing that part of the muscle. Then one funky swing, a little off plane, is excruciating. I remember the EXACT swing I made where I went from being hurt to injured.

Now, that being said... This is extremely suspicious. How you can play with an ALMOST-injury for a month is beyond my comprehension. But he does, allegedly, have a very high pain tolerance. Maybe it broke the threshold on that last full swing he made.

I would HOPE that we can all look forward at the possibility of Mickelson taking the #1 spot, of Westwood's outstanding play, etc. Let's do ourselves a favor and not swell on Tiger. Nothing positive can come of it. We all have better things to do.

OP
xamilo

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
So THIS is how it's going to be, Cam!? I report to you, then you report to the forum!? :p

You just told me, I got to the net to investigate! :eek: You're doing only half of your job! I won't be able to hire you if you keep those work ethics so low!

By the way, Molinari is having a hell of a year, and none seems o talk about him at all. I don't think even his sponsors have noticed his game. Great to see new faces around the leaderboard...

olkev

Fan of the Golden Bear
May 9, 2010
If he does have a bulging disc it will be interesting to see at what level and if there may be multiple discs/levels. If he has surgery, it may mean a fusion as well. He may be forced to throttle back his swing.

Then more rehab . . . of a different sort . . .

Kumabjorn

Oct 30, 2009
What I don't get is that when asked about any health problems he said he was 100 %, no problems etc. So is this yet another manifestation of denial or is there a rational reason for holding back on something like this.

BTW, one of the best golfers you'll never heard about and probably never will again, Fredrik Andersson-Hed, won on ET today. He had a 6 shot lead teeing off and that is the buffer he needs because round 4 is usually always a disaster. Can you spell n-e-r-v-e-s?

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia

Any comments?

Xamilo, you forgot to include this pearl - "No golf tournament is worth watching if Tiger Woods isn't playing". ;)

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Again, we see "It's all about ME!" In the past, when in contention, he's played through food poisoning from Elin, bad wrist, bad knee. When he is not in contention, let's bail and tell everyone we've had this issue for the past tourneys played. Now, instead of people continuing talking about The Masters "win for the family"... we can coax them to say "TW finished 4th. He would have won going away, if he hadn't had a bad neck!" When there is talk about missing the cut at QH, "Oh, but his neck was hurting. He not only would have made the cut, but would have won against that field." When we see 3 players fighting their guts out to win the Players, whoever does win will always have to live with "TW would have played lights out, if his neck wouldn't have been bad."

Some folks will play through pain in sports or in their careers. Others are drama queens that have to bring all the attention to themselves as others will afford. This is another slap in the face of the rest of the PGA players. This is another kick in the groin to the integrity that once surrounded this game. An integrity and history that was revered until "The Great One" let his selfishness and ego suggest the he IS the game.

Today's "early withdrawl" will generate another round of TW jokes... and enhance the chorus of those on Sunday afternoons, when he does return, singing "Anybody But Tiger!!"

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Again, we see "It's all about ME!" In the past, when in contention, he's played through food poisoning from Elin, bad wrist, bad knee. When he is not in contention, let's bail and tell everyone we've had this issue for the past tourneys played. Now, instead of people continuing talking about The Masters "win for the family"... we can coax them to say "TW finished 4th. He would have won going away, if he hadn't had a bad neck!" When there is talk about missing the cut at QH, "Oh, but his neck was hurting. He not only would have made the cut, but would have won against that field." When we see 3 players fighting their guts out to win the Players, whoever does win will always have to live with "TW would have played lights out, if his neck wouldn't have been bad."

Some folks will play through pain in sports or in their careers. Others are drama queens that have to bring all the attention to themselves as others will afford. This is another slap in the face of the rest of the PGA players. This is another kick in the groin to the integrity that once surrounded this game. An integrity and history that was revered until "The Great One" let his selfishness and ego suggest the he IS the game.

Today's "early withdrawl" will generate another round of TW jokes... and enhance the chorus of those on Sunday afternoons, when he does return, singing "Anybody But Tiger!!"

+1, well said Limp, well said!!!!!!

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Sep 27, 2008
i actually quite surprised he didn't drive across town to the other network and have a news conference about it, before the tourney was over.

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
He quit, gave up. He was out of the tournament and knew it. Had he been anywhere near the leader board he would have toughed it out. I'd put everything I own on that.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
He had to withdraw when he developed a severe bulge in his ... trousers.

🔥 Latest posts