• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Time for a few changes

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Well, the time has come for some bag changes. Starting off, I'm going to build another hybrid in the 19* range. 2i is just too hard to hit and 5W just goes a mile high. Next, wedges. This won't be much of change, just a backtrack really. I love my old Prototype wedge. I think I'm going to just have it bent back to 56* and call it a day. One wedge for everything. Last, a big surprise, to me at least. I hit twofast's ridiculously stiff driver and have much better dispersion over mine. Distance, even with a loft way too low for me, was right on with my Cobra. So I'm either going to try an X in the Speedpro or another driver, maybe the L4V. I'm going to have to look into the specs on his shaft and back it off a little from there. Since the L4V is a heavy head, I'm thinking something like 10* L4V with a Speeder 757 Xflex.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Ez,

If you want this 2H, make me a stupid offer. It's a winner.

R35

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
LOL, you beat me to it. Ez was just saying how good the Speed Pro D was and how I should try one out.

It is a good head. I was just surprised at how well I hit that XXflex shaft. I'm thinking about dropping on in SpeedPro. The only reason I'd go L4V would be for a little more forgiveness and a slightly shut face to help square it up.

Rock, what is this hybrid you speak of? Callaway?

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
It is a good head. I was just surprised at how well I hit that XXflex shaft. I'm thinking about dropping on in SpeedPro. The only reason I'd go L4V would be for a little more forgiveness and a slightly shut face to help square it up.

Rock, what is this hybrid you speak of? Callaway?

That's cool, if you decide to get rid of that head and Clug passes let me know!

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Will do but that'll be a tough one to for me to sell. Something I build will have to knock it out first.

juniortodd46

Never Satisfied
Apr 19, 2008
L4V is stupid easy to hit. Hate I got rid of mine, but the adams is only alittle less forgiving. The heads lauch high on the l4v so 9* wouldn't be bad for ya. My 9* with a pm702 lauched higher than my adams 10.5* with a comp nt.

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Now I'm all confused. I hit the Adams 9015D in a 10.5, Ozik 60-S again. Guys have been raving about the ballspeed off this thing. Impact taped the face, all over the middle. SS radar says 108-111 with most 109 or 110.

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
Now I'm all confused. I hit the Adams 9015D in a 10.5, Ozik 60-S again. Guys have been raving about the ballspeed off this thing. Impact taped the face, all over the middle. SS radar says 108-111 with most 109 or 110.

Yup. I've been testing the S9-1 and A4 a ton lately. The Rapture's days are seriously numbered...

As for hybrids, I'm sure Rock will throw a great deal your way but if the Callaway ain't your cup a tea, give the Idea Pro a shot. I just went back to an Adams hybrid (thanks again Clug!) and Adams just simply knows how hybrids are supposed to work.

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Yup. I've been testing the S9-1 and A4 a ton lately. The Rapture's days are seriously numbered...

As for hybrids, I'm sure Rock will throw a great deal your way but if the Callaway ain't your cup a tea, give the Idea Pro a shot. I just went back to an Adams hybrid (thanks again Clug!) and Adams just simply knows how hybrids are supposed to work.

The only thing I'm worried about with the Adams is the shaft. To tell you the truth, I'd be more inclined if it were available in X. 60g's, if I'm putting up 110 consistantly, could get a bit wayward.

I don't know about the hybrids just yet. I think I'm going to punish myself with the 2i for a little while more.
icon10.gif
I love it when I pure it. It's like a 6i that flies 215 with a 1yd. draw... of course that only happens once every 8-10 times.

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
The only thing I'm worried about with the Adams is the shaft. To tell you the truth, I'd be more inclined if it were available in X. 60g's, if I'm putting up 110 consistantly, could get a bit wayward.

I don't know about the hybrids just yet. I think I'm going to punish myself with the 2i for a little while more.
icon10.gif
I love it when I pure it. It's like a 6i that flies 215 with a 1yd. draw... of course that only happens once every 8-10 times.

The Matrix in the Adams is a Code 6 that has a little more torque than the original. 4.0 degrees vs. 3.5. If I were you, I'd easily start with the X, and tip trim from there.

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
The Matrix in the Adams is a Code 6 that has a little more torque than the original. 4.0 degrees vs. 3.5. If I were you, I'd easily start with the X, and tip trim from there.

Ewwwww. That decision was just made easier.
icon12.gif

🔥 Latest posts