• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Time for me to enter the 21st Century

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Asking all my friends (and Rockford) :D here at Shot Talk to help me out a little.

Please go to my website at www.villageanimalhosp.com , skim through it, and give me some constructive criticism. What you do or don't like, anything I should add or remove, etc.

I have had this website for a year or so, but have not had the time or inclination to work on it much. Now I need to get with it, because I need to drum up some new clients and I need to get my old ones to spend more money HERE and not at the internet stores.

I try to keep my prices inline with local places as well as the internet, but apparently people don't know that. Within the next week or 2, I will be adding a way for my clients to refill their pets' prescriptions via the internet, without having to physically come in. Good idea or not? Does it do anything for you or just blah?

Should I add a Shot Talk link? :)

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
"Welcome to our website" ?

Lame. ;)

Pictures....you need pictures.
Pictures of the building, the staff, the satisfied clientel. Something to personalize it a bit. Perhaps a brief bio of you and the other staff members next to their picture

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
"Welcome to our website" ?

Woof, woof? Meow, meow?

Pictures.....I can do pictures.......I'll get right on it......

More, please.

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
I like the idea of being able to buy online. Not that it's a big deal for us to pick stuff up at our vet but it would be a easy way for people to compare prices.

Since you're keeping your prices competitive with online outlets maybe your clients would check your site before they buy elsewhere. I know we checked the price of the flea & heartworm medicine we use and found our vet to have the same pricing.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Cool. I like the map and the other info.

One thing that might be handy would be a FAQ section. Maybe 25 or so points that people might ask that may or may not be answered on another page. Like:

"What are your hours of operation?"
"Can I leave my pet while i'm gone on vacation?"
"Do you offer competitive pricing on drugs/food/vaccinations?"
"My dog is sick and it's 2am. Who should I call?"

Stuff like that is great. You have to remember that 90% of people out there are morons. And half of them don't have a clue how to use the internet. They seek the simplest path and go there. We get calls all the time from people asking how to get to a webpage that is clearly marked. People are morons - they can't help it.

I dunno, it's just a suggestion.

Do you offer discounts for out of country service? :D

R35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
And pics help. Even links to other organizations like the Humane Society and Training facilities would be ideal.

Beagles and Goldens, I have been told, are sociologically the best canines to use in advertising. Apparently, they tug at the heartstrings and make people happy.

Check the dog food aisle. Beagles and Goldens.

Although, this one is pretty cute.

R35
pug1.jpg

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Ahh, he/she is cute!

I had his big brother in here the other day: Gus the Bulldog. Bad eyes, bad ears, bad skin, but a great personality!

And Rock, if you bring your dog to me all the way from Canada, I'll give you 5% off. :D

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Rockford35 said:
Beagles and Goldens, I have been told, are sociologically the best canines to use in advertising. Apparently, they tug at the heartstrings and make people happy.
R35

Or two goldens. You can't go wrong with goldens. :p
goldens.jpg

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
How about a king sized Rat
Before and After
No dogs were intoxicted during the making of these pictures

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
FKA Pa Jayhawk said:
How about a king sized Rat
Before and After
No dogs were intoxicted during the making of these pictures

Liar!

That dog is as polluted as one can get!:D

R35

DouginGA

dont tread on me
Dec 8, 2005
Hey there Doc,
I agree with the above comments and would add that overall the site seems a little distant, i.e. lacks personality. Are you an industrial/commercial company or a personal service industry?? People are really buying you. People are especially concerned about who is taking care of their pet, and need to identify with you personally , not a business.The top salespeople are realtors and insurance agents, and every one one of them always has their own pic in the ad. (State farm is not taking care of you so much as Steve Wrecker, (with warm smile) your agent is. Pics of your staff will warm them to you also, a double bonus if you show you and one of staff working together on a pet, maybe include the owner in background? (work it, list the name of the pet, give it an identity and the client identifies with you)
Personal Bio with your credentials will also reassure them of who is taking care of their pet. Think you said you were a UGA grad? Those alumni are nuts, GO DAWGS!! (barf) hate to say it but you got to play it,work em in the soft spots.

peace
doug

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
I don't really care for the White text, on orange backround. Not real appealing to the eyes and hard to read. The text font size for the menu options may be better if bigger, but then again, if not for the orange background that may not be an issue, but you have plenty of room to increase the size.

Also from a professional standpoint, "Read any Dead Languages lately" stands out to me, simply in the wording, not in the content of the link. That may just be me though.

More photos would be nice, as mentioned, mainly a warm fuzzy feeling of the facility, and possibly the office cat and the story behind the life of the cat may be a nice touch for a warm family feeling.

It looks pretty good though.

🔥 Latest posts